Fender conversion

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Behold, the first 2013 gt500 front end on a 05-09 car (that I know of).

Passenger fender is 95% done, driver fender is cut, welded and the first 2 layers of filler added. It's about 75% done. Everything bolts up like a factory car and lines up like factory.

Pulling the pics down for now, I may be looking at producing these and would like to patent my design.

The 2013 GT500 front end on an 05-09 was done months ago. You can not patent a fender "conversion" but you can copyright your exact design. However others can do the same thing too just like Im doing.

My friend Sam unveiled his 13 GT500 front end conversion on his GT at Knotts Fab Fords show back in April of this year

I will have carbon fiber versions of this available for sale at very competitive prices vs the fiberglass ones, if not less

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
I want one... I always loved the front hated the back. I always liked the back of my car and "ok" with the front..

More info? I know this stuff takes a TON of time to develop and market but would like it before the 2023 is out lol.

I also hate those hoods but that is me.. I need a cowl hood anyway. I like my cowl hood but could care less it was CF as I painted it anyway.. So,, what ARE the options in hoods? Anything that will fit the 2013?

Last edited:

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Probably wont be hitting full production for a couple months still. Been working on this for over a year now.

Carbon fiber is cheaper to paint as it requires no special adhesive promoter or prep work. It paints just like any other body panel. So compared to fiberglass even if it was a little more on the purchase price it ends up costing less in the long run when you factor in painting and prep.

LOL, you're welcome :)

Im doing a different rear wing on mine to help balance out the front

crownaviation

Reaction score
Please keep us posted on the progress. In-laws have a body shop so that part is easy enough. If there is a parts list for brackets, radiator support or cover etc.. would like to start gathering stuff soon. Winter would be a great time to get this done

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Yup, its all bolt on but the 13 core support which welds in. Getting it all squared up before welding is essential.

I don't want to take this thread off topic so soon as mine is done (hopefully within the next 2 weeks) I can post up a separate build thread if desired.

crownaviation

Reaction score
Yup, its all bolt on but the 13 core support which welds in. Getting it all squared up before welding is essential.

I don't want to take this thread off topic so soon as mine is done (hopefully within the next 2 weeks) I can post up a separate build thread if desired.

PLEASE DO!

08fordgt

forum member
Reaction score
Exciting! Everybody is coming out with new products! Now all we need is AM to release the 05-09 "13" tail lights. Lol.
Btw- somebody should make a 2013 style GT500 spoiler for 05's.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
The 2013 GT500 front end on an 05-09 was done months ago. You can not patent a fender "conversion" but you can copyright your exact design. However others can do the same thing too just like Im doing.

My friend Sam unveiled his 13 GT500 front end conversion on his GT at Knotts Fab Fords show back in April of this year

I will have carbon fiber versions of this available for sale at very competitive prices vs the fiberglass ones, if not less

attachment.php

attachment.php

that looks great. i had not seen it before, with all the talk im suprised it was just now posted?

after trying the fenders 2 or 3 different ways, i ended up with the same thing he did pretty much, its about the only way to pull it off and everything be correct.

null_zps5b01808a.jpg

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
You did a good job and looks great too. :) If you are handy and have welding tools anyone can do it too.
Just the cost of 4 fenders is like nearly $1,000 lol

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
after seeing what he did, i think im going to smooth them out a little more. and since the whole car will be repainted im probably going to smooth the rear flares a little as well to the match the fronts more.

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
I kinda like the way yours came out better though as the fender well is more defined. However for mine being on bags I need the extra clearance so I may have mine raised

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
I love the conversion.... If I didn't have custom paint I would do the conversion plus the wide body rear kit.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back