Finished Installing My Brenspeed Paxton Throwback - Tune Question

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That was my thinking as well and I've logged with that sensor and the one located in the Intake Manifold and it shows a minimum of 10 degrees warmer than the one in the MAF at regular cruising speed and at idle.

I have a water/meth system so the nozzle needs to be after the MAF and I wanted an accurate temperature for what was happening in the manifold and not being cooled by the injector spray.

crjackson

Reaction score
Their customer service sucks and so do their tunes.

I don’t like to bash vendors publicly, but this is my experience as well. They even refused to view a datalog to see if my tune could be fixed.

I moved on to MPT (who provided a fantastic tune). They reviewed any data-logs I sent (just to check it), and it needed no tweaking from day 1.

I kept that tune for a long time, until I went FI.

BTW, I’ve had MANY custom tunes over the years. I’ll never have another Brenspeed or BANA tune on anything.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I don’t like to bash vendors publicly, but this is my experience as well. They even refused to view a datalog to see if my tune could be fixed.

I moved on to MPT (who provided a fantastic tune). They reviewed any data-logs I sent (just to check it), and it needed no tweaking from day 1.

I kept that tune for a long time, until I went FI.

BTW, I’ve had MANY custom tunes over the years. I’ll never have another Brenspeed or BANA tune on anything.

I don't like to bash vendors publicly either, but after they sent out the wrong tuning file twice, they had the damn nerve to claim they made the proper revision changes and that it was a software glitch in the SCT X4 that was responsible. Meanwhile, I contacted SCT phone support which they performed a remote troubleshooting session by having the X4 connected to my PC. After following all the troubleshooting steps, no software glitch was ever detected along with the firmware. Therefore, the X4 was functioning properly. Even after bringing this all to Doug's attention at Brenspeed, he still wouldn't accept that it was an error in the tune revision and once again pointed the finger at SCT. At any rate, once I made the switch over to JDM engineering, they wrote a custom 91 octane tune for my Saleen VI blower and they got it right, the very first time and haven't looked back ever since. That being said, Brenspeed will never regain my trust as a customer ever again.

Laga

Reaction score
I pride myself in giving the most honest and fair reviews I can whenever I post online. If a vendor gives good service at a good price, I am the first to say so. I give Lito good reviews whenever possible. If there is a problem and they fix it fairly. I give credit where credit is due. When I had a problem with the Wilwood brake install, all I ever did was ask for help with a solution. They are the ones who shipped new replacement parts totally free.

https://www.s197forum.com/threads/spindle-hub-and-rotor-clearance.138582/page-2

With all that being said, Brenspeed sucks!

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Also the difference between Brenspeed and JDM customer service is Doug at Brenspeed always talks down at you as though you don't know what your talking about it, while he's always right about everything and should therefore bow down to him by taking his word as gospel. Jim Jr. at JDM on the other hand, always treats his customers with respect and always has the time to answer all questions and concerns related to the customer's custom tuning file by providing in depth, straight forward answers in plain ordinary English. And if whenever there is a problem? JDM will take action by resolving the issue in a timely and responsible manner rather than avoid resolving the problem by pointing the finger at somebody else as being responsible for the related issues all because of a certain person who thinks he's always right about everything and the vendor he works for is so superior and never makes a mistake, but yet the customer doesn't know jack shit about his own fucking car :laughlots::flipthebird:

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back