Forward facing headers with A/C pics

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
I got the driver side hotside finished and fully welded. Now I need to do the cold side which I planned to do this weekend, but I forgot to order a 3" aluminum 90 degree bend.

2013-04-14181947.jpg

2013-04-14182005.jpg

2013-04-14182041.jpg

2013-04-14182108.jpg

ethic1

forum member
Reaction score
Truly a work of art!!!! You sure are talented with some metal Luke!!! Good Job!

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Once I get it all fabbed up I have to take it all out to get it coated and then paint the engine bay and install my mid-plate. I should be able to start the car in a couple of weeks.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
I got the cold side mocked up and the dual 3" to single 4" merge partially welded, but I ran out of argon and it was too late to get more until tommorow. I'll finish the cold side this week.

However, I did make a fan shroud for my new radiator this weekend before running out of argon. Sorry, the pic isn't the greatest.

2013-04-20141142.jpg

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Thanks man! It's getting closer to running again. I really think I could have it running in about 3 weeks or so if I quit forgetting to order the last little pieces I need. Then I'll just need to go through my trans and upgrade a couple of parts I already have and install my new converter.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Thanks man! It's getting closer to running again. I really think I could have it running in about 3 weeks or so if I quit forgetting to order the last little pieces I need. Then I'll just need to go through my trans and upgrade a couple of parts I already have and install my new converter.
I need to stop by and check it out some time. I am in the area several times a week.

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
Sick build!!! Subscribing.
Wish someone would build a single reverse that clears the AC.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Sick build!!! Subscribing.
Wish someone would build a single reverse that clears the AC.
Are you talking about like mine, but single turbo?
awesome...can you get the valve covers off w/o removing the headers?
I think so, but I haven't tried yet. Once I pull the motor to paint the engine bay I'll let you know. The headers could sit a little lower, but I did them higher to position the turbos where I wanted them.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I think so, but I haven't tried yet. Once I pull the motor to paint the engine bay I'll let you know. The headers could sit a little lower, but I did them higher to position the turbos where I wanted them.

maybe a 1/4 inch swivel and extension

WOT

forum member
Reaction score

Yup, I know JPC had a system that reversed the stock manifolds but didn't clear the AC unit. Looking at your header design it looks like you have a lot of clearance for the accessories.

Not to thread jack but Possibly using this same concept.
turbokit006.jpg

ethic1

forum member
Reaction score
Yup, I know JPC had a system that reversed the stock manifolds but didn't clear the AC unit. Looking at your header design it looks like you have a lot of clearance for the accessories.

thats a good idea ;):lol2:

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
maybe a 1/4 inch swivel and extension
I can get to all of the bolts, but I may not be able to clear the cam timing sprocket before the valve cover hits the header. I'll let you know for sure though.

That could definitely be done with the way the headers are and you could keep a/c and power steering. I'll be building a setup like that for a friend soon and he will probably post pics as it progresses. It will be a T6 single turbo with 5" downpipe to dual 3.5" downpipes.
thats a good idea ;):lol2:
Sounds like something you might want, lol.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
I got the cold side all welded. Now I need to weld the wideband bung in the passenger downpipe and weld a -6 al bung in the intake tube for my idle air control valve. Then coat the hot and cold side. Hot side will be high temp satin black and cold side I am unsure about. Any thoughts on the cold side coating?

BTW, that is an 03-04 cobra throttle body modified to fit the intake if anybody was wondering if that would work.

2013-04-24001402.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back