FPDM / Harness Wiring Help

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
I have 2 wires that are disconnected that I am trying to track down where they do or what they do. They are in this pic:
XpCjdeu.jpg

They are Purple w White and Red w White. All the other wires on my FPDM plug are accounted for an plugged in.
I have a manual ECM in the car as I did a 4R70W swap and replaced my auto ECM as it was causing other issues.
I have installed a Fore return system and it is working fine just want to track these codes.

I think these are related to my P0689 and P0690 codes. I have checked the relay and fuse and ground's and all of that is good. Potentially the pins for an auto ECM and manual ECM for these are swapped and I need to do that on the harness?

Anyone have an idea of what these go to ? Any 2005 to 2006 owners maybe able to trace these out for me?
Thanks.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Are those codes actually causing your vehicle to not start? I had them when I swapped over to my X4 and they went away on their own

Dman64

Reaction score
Only if I set them to 0 in the tune. A one or 2 setting let’s it start.

Could you elaborate on this? Any idea why disabling with a 0 would cause a no start?

I am getting a code P0685 and P0690 and a no start.

TIA D

Last edited:

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
I have had those codes for a while and i reset them and they go away but then come back. Mind you this is not the original PCM in my car but a manual trans PCM i swapped / flashed into it when I did the 4R70W swap. No idea on 0. I set them to 1 in the tune and the car ran fine. Raced it and had no issues. I am swapping to a Holley for engine management so for me its a moot point.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Here's a FPDM wiring diagram for a 2006. Not sure if this will help or not.

Attachments

• FPDM_Wiring_2006.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 9

Dman64

Reaction score
Oh Ok. My set up slightly different. I have the stock ECM and the stock harness that's been dieted down. I am running a return style fuel setup and have removed the FPDM, PATS has been disabled. We are using HP Tuners to work the tune.

I have the P0690 code which we have set to 0 and I have seen a P0685 code but that's it.

It will almost start but not quite. Kind of at a loss right now. So I'm searching high and low to find any info with similar symptoms and if anyone else has experienced my same issue.

Thanks for the response.

D

Reaction score
I have had those codes for a while and i reset them and they go away but then come back. Mind you this is not the original PCM in my car but a manual trans PCM i swapped / flashed into it when I did the 4R70W swap. No idea on 0. I set them to 1 in the tune and the car ran fine. Raced it and had no issues. I am swapping to a Holley for engine management so for me its a moot point.

Does Holley make an engine management system for 4.6L 3V engines? Last time I checked, they didn't.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Does Holley make an engine management system for 4.6L 3V engines? Last time I checked, they didn't.
Stand alones aren't necessarily made for the engine. It's a one size fits all kind of thing. So you'd have to wire it in. Although some of the systems are plug and play so they can use the stock wiring and dash.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back