Frankentensioner travel

blacllkllsi

forum member
Reaction score
How exactly do I measure the 2 inches of travel needed. I am looking at the pulley in the recessed area of the timing cover moving. Eyeballing it, it looks like 2 inches of travel to me but could use more insight. Thanks.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what you are asking. I mean you have more than two inches of travel there. Why would that change? It should have the same travel as the stocker seeing how it is two of them put together.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what you are asking. I mean you have more than two inches of travel there. Why would that change? It should have the same travel as the stocker seeing how it is two of them put together.

You cut the stops off with a Frankentensioner which allows it to travel more.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
How exactly do I measure the 2 inches of travel needed. I am looking at the pulley in the recessed area of the timing cover moving. Eyeballing it, it looks like 2 inches of travel to me but could use more insight. Thanks.

I really can't tell if that's all she's got. Do you have any pics of where you cut the stops? If the stops are cut correctly it will travel enough.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Why don't they just come cut to the correct size?

Because I would have to charge them the time/labor to do it which would drive the cost up considerably. It's not hard to do and it saves the customer money.

They're VERY inexpensive.

blacllkllsi

forum member
Reaction score
I really can't tell if that's all she's got. Do you have any pics of where you cut the stops? If the stops are cut correctly it will travel enough.

I also had to remove this sensor from the stub under the alternator, it was hitting the belt. The stud looks awfully close as well. I have seen some DOB install photos where this was left in place, removed or the stud removed completely. Is this normal?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
that stud is super close on mine.

i found a hex head bolt that was the same size and replaced it, much smaller diameter of the head and doesnt stick out very far from the head

i forgot that stud once and cranked it up and it cut some some grooves into the smooth side of the belt, only ran it about 10 seconds before i saw it and shut it off

blacllkllsi

forum member
Reaction score
that stud is super close on mine.

i found a hex head bolt that was the same size and replaced it, much smaller diameter of the head and doesnt stick out very far from the head

i forgot that stud once and cranked it up and it cut some some grooves into the smooth side of the belt, only ran it about 10 seconds before i saw it and shut it off

Thanks for the tip man. What is that sensor anyway? There are 2.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
they are signal reducers or something IIRC.

Basically prevent noise in the electrical system or something, just bolt it down anywhere you can.

I think mine is beside that studded bolt with the smaller head allen bolt since it doesnt get as close to the belt as that stock one

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back