Front sway bar removal - why?

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the Steeda one weighs really? It says half so thats putting it around 8lbs, so about 3lbs heavier than BMR, UPR, or GMS. Reason I ask is because those Granatelli outlet supports are hard to pass up for the price but have never driven without a sway bar which would make me want the Steeda because it says you can still have it on then and take it off.

Last edited:

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Eh, forget it, only 2 left in Granatelli's Outlet store so I couldnt pass it up for $56. Ill just have to get used to no sway bar

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the Steeda one weighs really? It says half so thats putting it around 8lbs, so about 3lbs heavier than BMR, UPR, or GMS. Reason I ask is because those Granatelli outlet supports are hard to pass up for the price but have never driven without a sway bar which would make me want the Steeda because it says you can still have it on then and take it off.

Read post number 21 and 22 of this thread and continue to read further down that page.

Last edited:

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Read post number 21 and 22 of this thread and continue to read further down that page.
Not sure what you are trying to point out since ive read the whole thing before. There is only 2 posts about the Steeda and nothing about its weight

Last edited:

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure what you are trying to point out since ive read the whole thing before. There is only 2 posts about the Steeda and nothing about its weight

my apologies, i thought you were trying to figure out whether yours would work with or without the sway bar.. disregard my posts then.

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
my apologies, i thought you were trying to figure out whether yours would work with or without the sway bar.. disregard my posts then.
ah alright np, i wasnt sure what i missed. I figured out that i couldnt use the sway bar unless i had the stocker or the steeda. The steeda would have been nice because if I didnt like not running a sway bar then it would be a simple bolting it back in. And I get an extra 3lbs off with the sway bar eliminator. Will have to see if I really like it that much

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
ah alright np, i wasnt sure what i missed. I figured out that i couldnt use the sway bar unless i had the stocker or the steeda. The steeda would have been nice because if I didnt like not running a sway bar then it would be a simple bolting it back in. And I get an extra 3lbs off with the sway bar eliminator. Will have to see if I really like it that much

I will be doing my sway delete when this friggin weather clears up some

Granatelli

forum member
Reaction score

Granatelli offers kits both ways - they offer a system that gives you the ability to lighten the front end, properly support the rad in the lightest way possible and connect, disconnect, then reconnect the sway bar - It's just a few bucks extra - not sure though. I have no connection to the outlet

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back