FRPP Laguna Seca X-Brace Available

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
Finally! The Laguna Seca rear seat delete is available. BUT its $1600! **** :thud:

M-6346612-A.jpg

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/09/25/new-product-ford-racing-rear-seat-delete-kit-and-x-brace-for-the-2011-mustang/

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
$1600!?, FRPP is always trying to rape the shit out of someone.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does it really even have an structural function or is it just aesthetically cool?

The X-brace allegedly improves rear chassis rigidity, but IMO a rear strut-tower brace would be almost effective without sacrificing the rear seat or costing the rough equivalent of a mortgage payment.

00colburn

forum member
Reaction score
i would love to have this in my car since i'm tired of driving everyone around in my car

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I am not sure if it fits 05-10, I assume it does but at close to $1,000 I wouldn't want to be the person who tries it first lol

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
save your money. sit my fat ass in the back and wheel hop will be gone and car will ride like its on rails..

DRock

Reaction score
The 2010 up rear seats are slightly different the 05-09. We had a rear seat delete that was made off a 2011 car but fit 1/2 ass in my car.....just throwing it out there

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
I am not sure if it fits 05-10, I assume it does but at close to $1,000 I wouldn't want to be the person who tries it first lol

Levittown Ford's return policy

Returns are Guaranteed: Please contact us if you are dissatisfied with an item - - note: No unauthorized returns will be accepted. Damaged or missing items must be reported within 24 hours. Please enclose a copy of the original invoice and short description of the problem after talking to our parts representative. We will accept the return provided it is unused, in original box/package, is in like new condition and returned within 20 days of original invoice. No refunds or exchanges after 20 days.
Returned of Items ordered in error WILL BE subject to a 15% restocking fee. Do not return merchandise to us COD or Postage Due, these returns will be refused.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
The X-brace allegedly improves rear chassis rigidity, but IMO a rear strut-tower brace would be almost effective without sacrificing the rear seat or costing the rough equivalent of a mortgage payment.
What the X-brace does is keep the opening between the passenger compartment and the trunk from "diamonding" under torsion loads during cornering. A 1" tubular bar attached by a couple of bolts at each end isn't nearly stiff enough in the right directions to do this job.

The best way to keep the bulkhead behind the rear seat from distorting like that really is by tying the diagonally opposite corners together.

Norm

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What the X-brace does is keep the opening between the passenger compartment and the trunk from "diamonding" under torsion loads during cornering. A 1" tubular bar attached by a couple of bolts at each end isn't nearly stiff enough in the right directions to do this job.

The best way to keep the bulkhead behind the rear seat from distorting like that really is by tying the diagonally opposite corners together.

Norm

Hence my comment that the rear strut tower brace would be almost as effective. A cross brace that simply bolts in doesn't seem like it would be much stiffer than a welded-in strut tower bar.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Have you seen our new Steeda X-Brace? It fits 05-13s! http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90852

Where I feel it is a quality piece and there is no foul in putting your name on a product you make... the name plate is just too damn big and looks tacky imo.

It would save you materials and manufacturing time/resources to just engave the name on the bars. Still meets the same purpose and looks nicer. Would undoubtably bring the costs and end user price down, since you are eliminating the materials needed and labor to produce that plate.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Hence my comment that the rear strut tower brace would be almost as effective. A cross brace that simply bolts in doesn't seem like it would be much stiffer than a welded-in strut tower bar.
A welded-in strut tower bar does not triangulate the opening in the bulkhead behind the rear seat. Triangulating this opening directly puts the brace tubes in tension and compression, which is the stiffest way to load a tube and is by far the most efficient way of improving overall stiffness.

A tube across the tops of the towers can only help resist the distortion of the bulkhead by virtue of its individual stiffness in bending, which in the case of the usual tower tie bar tube sizes is far less than the stiffness in tension/compression of an X-brace even if the tower brace was to be rigidly welded to the towers. Keep in mind that attaching at the much lower towers isn't nearly as effective at keeping the C-pillar at the package tray elevation from moving laterally relative to the trunk floor

A more complete analysis considering actual attachment point locations and local bending would be expected to show that the actual X-brace here is somewhat less stiff than a simplified analysis with the X meeting the bulkhead exactly at the corners of the opening would indicate. But it would still be way stiffer than a tie bar assuming that the X ties off to points of at least reasonable stiffness.

Norm

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back