Going For 800 Rwhp

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
i am .010 over now. not sure another .010 is going to clean the walls up.

The machine shop can tell you. Just let them clean it up first and check the bore it takes to clean it up and then they can tell you if it made the .020 or it has to go to .030. Then order your pistons.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Doing a little searching tonight and never realized this thread had 48697 views!

Well, I am now going for 1100 rwhp. Stay tuned for the new thread! LOL

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Or 12.0 C/R , E85, and 23 psi with 127550 cams at -4* retard... Oh yea, and a BIG port job on the heads!

I just wonder where the timing will stop making power...

Can you tell I am getting close?

I am ready! :thumb:

23 degrees of spark advance is my guess for peak power with your new combo. Are you set on -4? There might be more at -6 or -8.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
23 degrees of spark advance is my guess for peak power with your new combo. Are you set on -4? There might be more at -6 or -8.

23* has always been the sweet spot for my car. No matter what the combo, that is where I make peek power. I don't see any reason this combo would be different.

As for the retard, Manuel said I should go -6*. He said he has seen great results there. I made such great power before that I am hesitant to go more then 4*. That is the plan for now. I should be making plenty power down low with the new C/R but hell, I will take all I can get. Maybe I will rethink adding more retard.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
Go-full-retard.jpg

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
What front grille are you running now, really like the look of you car and figure it must be pretty stout if its holding up to repeated launches and your trap speed

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
What front grille are you running now, really like the look of you car and figure it must be pretty stout if its holding up to repeated launches and your trap speed
Don't rember what one I had back then. I had the Elenor grill then switched to the American Muscle black upper and lower grills. The AM grills are nice for the money. My son has the same now.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back