Going For 800 Rwhp

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
How is the meth kit work working on the intake temps? Still up in the air on whether to go with the meth or just buy a 5 gallon jug of race gas to mix in at the track. That meth kit is cheap enough to make it 'very tempting haha.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
How is the meth kit work working on the intake temps? Still up in the air on whether to go with the meth or just buy a 5 gallon jug of race gas to mix in at the track. That meth kit is cheap enough to make it 'very tempting haha.
Back to back runs showed a 26* drop. At the track the ait read in the runner on raised a coupl of deg on a pass from line to line. The acuall temp depends on what happens before the pass. The temps even came down to less than what they started at do to having to wait after the burnout before the past.Just remember though I am doing this for cooling only and not for octane.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Doing it for cooling vs. octane? In what way is the set up different or is it just the tune?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Doing it for cooling vs. octane? In what way is the set up different or is it just the tune?

Mixture.....more water = more cooling vs more methanol = more octane.

More than 50 percent makes it flammable, so most run a 50/50 mix to get a little of both, I'm going to a 30/70 mix with more water than methanol....

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score

Mixture.....more water = more cooling vs more methanol = more octane.

More than 50 percent makes it flammable, so most run a 50/50 mix to get a little of both, I'm going to a 30/70 mix with more water than methanol....
Correct, I am ona 25/75 by vol right now.
What we did was tune the car and then added the water/meth followed by dataloging. The small amount of meth did make it a little richer but, not by much.

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
That's great to hear! I'm wanting it for det protection vs more power. I'm happy with 635whp for a street car unlike some haha. So you didn't have to adjust the tune to run a 25/75 mix? That would be awesome to be able to run the kit without having to get another dyno tune.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I'm flushing mine today for the new mixture. And changing it from 15 psi trigger to 12 psi trigger.

What psi do you have coming on?

No issues with the boost back feeding down the meth hose? I put a solenoid 10" from the nozzle to keep the meth in the hose and to not let the pressure push it back towards the tank.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
That's great to hear! I'm wanting it for det protection vs more power. I'm happy with 635whp for a street car unlike some haha. So you didn't have to adjust the tune to run a 25/75 mix? That would be awesome to be able to run the kit without having to get another dyno tune.

I would think if you want to use it for detonation protection you would want to run more meth then I do. I am only spaying to keep the temps down so it doesn't pull timing. Lower AITs should help with detonation as well though. If you want the full advantage of it for the improved octane then you would need to tune for it. The worst it can do if you dont tune for it is make the car rich if you are running the same tune as you do without it. Just put it on and dont add any more timing and you should be good. If it is too rich then just back of on the meth some. JMO

I'm flushing mine today for the new mixture. And changing it from 15 psi trigger to 12 psi trigger.

What psi do you have coming on?

No issues with the boost back feeding down the meth hose? I put a solenoid 10" from the nozzle to keep the meth in the hose and to not let the pressure push it back towards the tank.

My unit has a back flow preventer at the nozzle. I have mine coming on at 5 psi and full at 10 psi right now in this heat and going to the track and such. Iv found that with it coming on earier the temps have more time to come down as the motor revs though the gears.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Looks like I have another project coming up. Now get back up to the track haha.

I did last night, 11.10 at 118 mph. I let out at the 1000'.LOL Damn alt went out just before the pass , gauges went crazy on the run and the batt. was bad as well so I barely made it back to the pits. I had to charge the car with jumper cables to get it on the trailer.

Put a new batt. and alt on today so I can be ready to tune with Lito on Wed. I will report back then.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Yea, that is a diferent story.

These are 20 DRs with a 28" dia. and about 12.5" of contact. They are the 305/35/20 Nitto DRs.

Damn.. haha.. all your missing now is..

SSPX1572.jpg

CCP-00203.jpg

accessories_mustache_corone.jpg

E287.jpg

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
UPDATE!

Big day tomorrow guys! Been waiting 4 yrs to get to this point. I will be on the dyno tomorrow with Lito in house! :highfive:

The pulleys I will be using are 4.3 (24+ psi) and 3.9 (27+ psi)I plan on tuning as follows.

1. Current tune on 93 oct with the 4.3 pulley with the WG on.
(I seem to peek at about 17.5 - 18.5 psi with this current setup on a 16 psi spring.)

2. 3.9 with the WG on with 93 oct

3. 4.3 with the WG off via the Trueboost on on C16

4. 3.9 with the WG off via the Trueboost on C16

5. If time allows I would like to make one more pull with the MSD Dis4 boxes turned on

I will wait for some track testing to try the wider gap (.040) on the plugs and the crankcase evac setup. I will use the track times and datalogs to see if those items pick up any hp. I am going to wait till this spring to let the 50 shot fly since I have the meth setup now and feel I need a lot more track time before I will be ready for that extra 100+ hp anyhow. I plan to work my way up to the 3.9 race tune at the track by this fall though.

This will be done on a loaded dyno this time also instaed of an inertia dyno.

Its go time boys!!!

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I will have plenty of pics and vids. Hell by Sat. night I should have one hell of a collection after this weekends meet in Houston.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back