Got Blown Sunday! - Xcharger #020

JimC

Reaction score
Haven't been to the dyno yet to get some baseline numbers. But the car pulls hard down low, and the Xcharger has a nice scream to it under boost

Got some pictures uploaded today:

Tear down went fairly quick:
Picture001.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Parts bench collecting some parts coming off the car
Picture002.jpg

Picture007.jpg

The supercharged parts table
Picture008.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

JimC

Reaction score
And the finished product:
Picture013.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

We had a web cam set up so the guys over at http://www.mustangcollective.com could watch the install progress. At the end of the day it fired right up on the first try. We then grabbed the laptop and camera (because the wireless network would follow us outside) and did a test drive while broadcasting. So those watching the installation got to go on the first ride as well.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Nice!! Did they ever come out with an intercooler for the X-charger. I couldv'e swore I remember reading about someone who had theirs intercooled, but not sure if maybe it was a custom job.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Awesome bro!! I love seeing people hookin up their V6s into real beasts! I bet it must fly.

j-stang

forum member
Reaction score
Nice!! Did they ever come out with an intercooler for the X-charger. I couldv'e swore I remember reading about someone who had theirs intercooled, but not sure if maybe it was a custom job.
no intercooler yet. acording to inside sources the intercooler is in its final stages of r&d and should be out soon. the new intercooled lower manifold will also accept a tvs blower too. should make some things interesting.

nice jim, i know its nice to have power at the tap of your foot instead of flip of a switch.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
no intercooler yet. acording to inside sources the intercooler is in its final stages of r&d and should be out soon. the new intercooled lower manifold will also accept a tvs blower too. should make some things interesting.

nice jim, i know its nice to have power at the tap of your foot instead of flip of a switch.

whoa!!!! That's pretty bad ass!!!! I've never heard of a TVS on a v6 before!! Actually, I found a video a while back of a custom job of a roushcharger on a v6. :omfg: now all the cool things for 4.0s come out when I'm getting rid of mine.. lol. well, out of this car at least. :beerdrink:

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score

JimC

Reaction score
Let me know when you are coming up here! I'm ready to hit the track almost any time.

j-stang

forum member
Reaction score
welcome! and nice car and times! what year is it?
he has the vortech set up that came off my 4.0. impressive car for sure, he's running those times on nitto street tires with 2.0 60's.
some dr's and a stall that car is well into the 12's

jim! i expect you to clock out some low 13's too! hurry get that thing to the track!

Dwisforme05

CF photography
Reaction score
he has the vortech set up that came off my 4.0. impressive car for sure, he's running those times on nitto street tires with 2.0 60's.
some dr's and a stall that car is well into the 12's

jim! i expect you to clock out some low 13's too! hurry get that thing to the track!

hold on, i need to quote this. i dont get compliments on my car from jeremy often. lol

JimC

Reaction score
It has been a lot of fun to drive - looks like at WOT I'm getting a little more than 10lbs of boost perhaps 11 or 12, but it is hard to tell because the gauge I bought doesn't display in small enough increments I decided so I'm getting a different gauge. Moderate acceleration looks to be 5lbs.

I had the chance to run at the track, but could not hook up for anything and best I could get was a 13.9 while on a 75 shot of nitrous I managed a 13.6 so I know this has more in it. Boost comes on so early compared to the nitrous I was running that I was pushing through the staging beams. Track wasn't well prepped either and everyone was spinning like mad at launch that day.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back