Got it back and new rims/tires on

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Dang man,sorry to hear about your paint issues. Hope you get it worked out. Car still looks good, at least in the pics!:)

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
Dang man,sorry to hear about your paint issues. Hope you get it worked out. Car still looks good, at least in the pics!:)

Thanks TGR, I need to post some more pics lol.... the matching from the fender to the door isn't nearly as bad as from fender to hood. I can still see it in the picture but I need to take some topside pics.

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
Here's a few pictures of the car and the mismatch. When I picked the car up it was raining, evening time and cloudy out so don't flame me too bad. Took the car home and parked in the garage but automatically noticed it when I pulled it out into the daylight when it was dry..... I'm meeting our regional insurance rep who is driving 2 hours from Raleigh tomorrow to meet me at a DIFFERENT dealership so they can verify that the car is messed up. The dealership which performed the work will be liable to pay whomever fixes the car out of their pocket. At least something was done right.....

20141002_214106_zps834149de.jpeg
20141002_214129_zps8c55898c.jpeg

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
That's both fenders too lol, fenders don't match the hood or the bumper and hood doesn't match the vents... maybe if we were painting it camoflauge we would be set eh?

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
It was an interesting visit today, I met the regional USAA representative at a different dealership they do business with to have them verify the current state of the car, they also invited the dealership which performed the work to come over for the inspection. All parties (to include the dealership which performed the repairs) agreed that the paint does not match, that the panels don't line up right and that it needs to be fixed. It was a little bit awkward but I'm glad we're a step closer to getting it hopefully worked out for good.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Almost looks like some of it is performance white and some is oxford white...

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
So the car was dis-assembled today by a different dealership than done the repairs (took hours, not days or weeks), the head light mounting assembly had been damaged in the accident and instead of the last shop cutting it out and putting a new one in they beat on it with a hammer, chipped off the cracked paint, painted it with a dull white primer and drilled a damn hole in it so they could get stuff to mount to it since the old holes wouldn't work since they didn't line up. Most of the bolts and clips didn't match what was supposed to be there or what was on the non-damaged side of the car and the lower grill still had broken tabs on it where they failed to replace it.

No wonder the damn front end wasn't lined up right. The whole front end will be repainted to make sure it matches and they're pulling all those panels off the car to get it done well. I also talked them into painting the hood vents and new 5.0 badges to match my rims lol. The new shop seems to be night and day difference compared to the old one. I wanted to take it to one of the local guys I know who does great work to have it done but since it had been messed up and the other dealership had to pay for the repairs I needed to go to another USAA preferred shop for at least the appraisal and would have had to come out of pocket if another place charged more, that and the fact that USAA warranties it for lifetime if something goes wrong and I will likely be moving in about 6 months lol.

Last edited:

stang910

forum member
Reaction score
Good to hear your getting it taken care of without having to fight about it. I hope it turns out much better this time around.

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
There was honestly no room for them to fight Jeff. They called the old dealership back over today to show them what had been done to the headlight mounting bracket (as if they didn't know) and it sounds like they may be reprimanding that tech. I definitely know where to NOT take vehicles now for sure. I had shot you an email asking a few questions but I know you're a busy guy lol. You get that thing back out to the track yet?

stang910

forum member
Reaction score
Hope your experience is better this time. As for my car I still need to make time for the dyno. I'll hit you up when I head to the track.

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
^^ FOR SURE!!! I want to see that thing and Brandon's new combo both run.

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
Couple pictures of the headlight mounting bracket where the old shop figured they would save/make a couple hundred bucks trying to hammer it back out and drill a hole in it to make it fit. I really can't believe someone would do that to a 2014 with 5k miles on it..... new shop seems spot on and has kept me involved and let me know what was done.

DSC03618_zpseae2818c.jpg

DSC03617_zps4eec21c2.jpg

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Couple pictures of the headlight mounting bracket where the old shop figured they would save/make a couple hundred bucks trying to hammer it back out and drill a hole in it to make it fit. I really can't believe someone would do that to a 2014 with 5k miles on it..... new shop seems spot on and has kept me involved and let me know what was done.

DSC03618_zpseae2818c.jpg

DSC03617_zps4eec21c2.jpg

I'd be in jail texting this if that were mine.......

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
I feel like it man, I just don't understand. The 1 piece of retribution I have is that the dealership that originally performed the repairs has to come out of pocket to pay the new guys to fix it and the estimate was almost $3500 lol..... so out of the 7500 they charged to fix the car in the first place they have to pony over half of it back up to pay someone to finish their shitty job. Karma.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back