GT 500 fuel pump issue

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
So while having my car dyno'd today at the mustang shop in auburn,wa we noticed that the gt500 fuel pump was maxing out at around 3k rpms, and that was causing the extremely lean in the higher rpms, has anyone ever had this sort of problem? I would think it would be related to the code, fuel pressure to great on circuit a, I cant remember the actual pm code, but anyone have any insight on this situation?

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What mods do you have? It takes over 620 rwhp to max these pimps out and if your making that at 3k rpm them you should be way past a gt500 setup.

Could be a bad driver module or pump.

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
Nothing serious in more, long tubes, and 10% larger crank pulley, yeah its making decent power around the 430 ish around 4500rpm, it is just leaning out really bad, basically pumps are getting mated out and it leans, there is no mod reason or boost reason for it to be mated out in my application. Has to be something with the pump. I just am hoping its something simple or an easy fix, and not another 700 fuel pump hahah

07VistaChicago

forum member
Reaction score
Check your FDPM (FPDM forgot what acronym). Start the car, go into the spare tire compartment and pull one of the modules harnesses out for a couple seconds. Then replug it in and pull the other one. If the car starts idling all crappy and dies, then you found you have a bad FDPM or a loose connection. Make sure all connections are goodentight.

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
The shop is actually working on it as we speak, they came back and told me that one of the pumps wasn't working. i am hoping that it is the module and not the gt500 it self that is bad, that would be the pits! Haha

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
After repairing his driver harness, and running some other tests, it turns one of his pumps is bad.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
i have the same problem how do you solve that? with what pump?

As far as I know, there is no way to replace just one pump in the GT500 hat. I had a used stock GT pump with a Procharger piggyback pump that I gave him and installed.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back