Hot Rod cams install=code P0022 with the BBR tune but runs fine on the JLT tune..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Well I got my car fixed tonite. It was throwing the same code as Gregs. I finally got a chance to go and pick it up on Sunday. After following this entire thread, I couldnt help but take off the valve covers and recheck the torque on everything. Even though I used all the correct tools(timing wedge, inch lb torque wrench, etc.) Everything checked out ok. I also received my new tune from BBR. So after reassembling everything I started the car, no change. So now Im hoping the new tune might fix it. Installed new tune, car ran a little different, but still had same underlying issue. So now Im about to pull my damn hair out. Went in the office to chill for a minute, and was scanning through this thread when I saw Tonys post #48 about grounding the solenoid. So I gave it a shot, backprobed and just slighty touched it to a lead i had grounded and everything smoothed out to normal. I about shit myself. I just touched it once for about 1 sec, if that. I let the car idle for about 5 min and shut it off. Started it back up, everythings perfect. Decided to shut it off, changed the oil, and started it back up. After idling for about 20 min without even a hiccup, I couldnt help but drive it around the block once to see how everything was. Its perfect, not a single problem at all. I left it at the shop for the night, I called Ford about a new solenoid this morning hoping that it might solve the problem, but it wont be in until tom. and after reading Tonys post tonite I decided to go ahead and test it to hopefully get this off my mind. I will install the new solenoid and change the oil again tom, Im hoping to flush out any debris, if there is any.

Thanks Tony for the input, I was about ready to torch the damn thing.

No problem man, glad I could help!!

:beer:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I got my car fixed tonite. It was throwing the same code as Gregs. I finally got a chance to go and pick it up on Sunday. After following this entire thread, I couldnt help but take off the valve covers and recheck the torque on everything. Even though I used all the correct tools(timing wedge, inch lb torque wrench, etc.) Everything checked out ok. I also received my new tune from BBR. So after reassembling everything I started the car, no change. So now Im hoping the new tune might fix it. Installed new tune, car ran a little different, but still had same underlying issue. So now Im about to pull my damn hair out. Went in the office to chill for a minute, and was scanning through this thread when I saw Tonys post #48 about grounding the solenoid. So I gave it a shot, backprobed and just slighty touched it to a lead i had grounded and everything smoothed out to normal. I about shit myself. I just touched it once for about 1 sec, if that. I let the car idle for about 5 min and shut it off. Started it back up, everythings perfect. Decided to shut it off, changed the oil, and started it back up. After idling for about 20 min without even a hiccup, I couldnt help but drive it around the block once to see how everything was. Its perfect, not a single problem at all. I left it at the shop for the night, I called Ford about a new solenoid this morning hoping that it might solve the problem, but it wont be in until tom. and after reading Tonys post tonite I decided to go ahead and test it to hopefully get this off my mind. I will install the new solenoid and change the oil again tom, Im hoping to flush out any debris, if there is any.

Thanks Tony for the input, I was about ready to torch the damn thing.

Sweet glad its running good! Let me know how much the solenoid costs from ford i have a broken one on a spare set of heads i need to replace.

motorheadchuck

forum member
Reaction score
New solenoid cost me 110. I dont know if its the fact that Ive been out of the car for near a month, or if its the new BBR tune, but my car is a damn beast now. I couldnt be more stoked. Ill be tossing it on the dyno here in the near future to see where I am at. Also need to do some logging to see how "Safe" the tune is.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nah, i already installed mine about a month ago, but never had any problem that i see on here. just seems like shortcuts were the culprit here.

if u go long tubes and catted h pipe, id recommend pacesetter. i have pacesetter longtubes and catted h pipe with slp loudmouths with the hot rod cams, ill post a video if youd wanna hear

Not interested at all in what you have to say as reading and comprehension are not your strong suits...nor puncuation or grammar.

I say again for all the mentally challenged people, shortcuts WERE not the issue, it was an oversight on our part of not double checking our work.
:ftard:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks John...I need an update to the tune for the LT's/Catted H pipe...I will call or PM you to work it out.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not interested at all in what you have to say as reading and comprehension are not your strong suits...nor puncuation or grammar.

I say again for all the mentally challenged people, shortcuts WERE not the issue, it was an oversight on our part of not double checking our work.
:ftard:

The problem was too many people working on the car at the same time. I would rather work on a motor by myself and struggle because I don't have enough hands rather than have four people not knowing what's going on trying to help.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The problem was too many people working on the car at the same time. I would rather work on a motor by myself and struggle because I don't have enough hands rather than have four people not knowing what's going on trying to help.

Oh because you were there, oh thats right you were one of the guys in the back ground with out a fucking clue as to what was going on, shut the fuck up. Your an idiot, you take the cake for the most ignorant remark on this thread by far.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep no clue here lol, I bet alot of people who have done engine work will agree that it's better to have less hands involved. There are people who won't work on an engine when another person is around because it's too easy to get distracted and forget to do something or where they were at. Such as tighten a cam cap lmao.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh because you were there, oh thats right you were one of the guys in the back ground with out a fucking clue as to what was going on, shut the fuck up. Your an idiot, you take the cake for the most ignorant remark on this thread by far.

^^^^^ ROTFLMAO

Yep no clue here lol, I bet alot of people who have done engine work will agree that it's better to have less hands involved. There are people who won't work on an engine when another person is around because it's too easy to get distracted and forget to do something or where they were at. Such as tighten a cam cap lmao.

^^^^ Isn't the problem fixed? So this is a dead issue.......and yet you troll on

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't know everyone was going to get bent out of shape over a comment. It was meant to help others that plan on doing a cam install not trolling but whatever floats your boat.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man i just reread my post guess its not good idea to drink and get on the forum lol,
although your comment is still pretty ignorant since you werent there and haven attempted this job, there were only two people doing the wrenching which is the minimum i would reccomend for this job. Unless you wanna try holding the crank bolt in place with one hand and torqing the cam bolt with the other. The others were there to check it out and also offered up good advice when troubleshooting with their knowledge of stangs and cams as well. And it was the collective ideas of many that led to the quick troubleshooting and getting it figured out the next weekend, But since you have no firsthand knowledge of this cam install and just really making stupid comments about thow you would do it yourself, im going ot go back to my drinking. :deadhorse2:

Last edited:

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Come on guys.

Problem is fixed. It was s simple oversight. Lets end this thread and move on with our lives.

There is no reason to sit here and argue.

yellowjohn1

forum member
Reaction score
Is it possible this thread will ever die? :deadhorse: I vote to lock it up. Still viewable and can help people but nothing good is being added lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back