Hot Rod cams install=code P0022 with the BBR tune but runs fine on the JLT tune..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
sooo... what i got out of this was that the install was shortcuted and basic things that should have been done and even recommended by ford... wasnt done?

so none of this had to do with a tune issue?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It was debated on whether or not shorcuts were taken, you can make up your own mind about that and what path you take if you decide to install cams yourself.

There was a tune issue but it was a matter of transferring the BBR tune from email to my 3015; for some reason it would not transfer. I had no problem transferring an email tune from another vendor onto my 3015.

Once the BBR tune was loaded via JLT I had no issues with the tune.

hammeron

forum member
Reaction score
Greg, all i have to say is you have
taken the abuse quite remarkably.
there have been several sucker
punches and you've just shrugged
them off.

congrats on the cam job and i'm glad
it all worked out in the end.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys..23 years in the military has taught me to have thick skin and how to ignore...

LT's and the catted H go on Friday, can't wait to see how the cams/LT's sound and perform.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Eddie is pulling them off my car and installing them on gregs. And hes putting my ceramic coated shorties on with gregs catted h in preparation for my turbo build.
We are basicly swapping exhuast.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Eddie is hooking us up with a great price which made it a no brainer to pay him to do it vice laying on my back in the garage for 7 hours.

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Greg, I'm glad to hear its all worked out. Congrats with the cams, looking forward to hearing it with the long tubes. Maybe Walt should have held the light a better,LOL. Hope to see you out with your ride soon.

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
Nice thing about FI..want more power? Turn the boost up, LOL!

First thing you know you are against cams, now you have them. Then you say no way are you getting FI, now you are singing its praises... it's only a matter of time and you'll have a turbo.

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
nah, i already installed mine about a month ago, but never had any problem that i see on here. just seems like shortcuts were the culprit here.

if u go long tubes and catted h pipe, id recommend pacesetter. i have pacesetter longtubes and catted h pipe with slp loudmouths with the hot rod cams, ill post a video if youd wanna hear

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nah, i already installed mine about a month ago, but never had any problem that i see on here. just seems like shortcuts were the culprit here.

if u go long tubes and catted h pipe, id recommend pacesetter. i have pacesetter longtubes and catted h pipe with slp loudmouths with the hot rod cams, ill post a video if youd wanna hear

Hes getting my exhuast friday (Kooks longtubes) and i have an o/r x and he has a kooks catted h as well. All thats already figured out but you dont seem to read the posts that well. So in summary for ya, The problem was a bad tune. And then we discovered just the 2 bolts on the drivers side thrust bearing backed themselves off and needed retorqued, and thats all we did to fix it is tightened 2 bolts and he got a new tune. Good to go. There were just a bunch of random posts complainin about not using the right tools or messing up timing which obviously was not case.

Or you could read all the posts so you dont keep making stupid remarks, specificly #225 and #265
:deadhorse:

Last edited:

motorheadchuck

forum member
Reaction score
Well I got my car fixed tonite. It was throwing the same code as Gregs. I finally got a chance to go and pick it up on Sunday. After following this entire thread, I couldnt help but take off the valve covers and recheck the torque on everything. Even though I used all the correct tools(timing wedge, inch lb torque wrench, etc.) Everything checked out ok. I also received my new tune from BBR. So after reassembling everything I started the car, no change. So now Im hoping the new tune might fix it. Installed new tune, car ran a little different, but still had same underlying issue. So now Im about to pull my damn hair out. Went in the office to chill for a minute, and was scanning through this thread when I saw Tonys post #48 about grounding the solenoid. So I gave it a shot, backprobed and just slighty touched it to a lead i had grounded and everything smoothed out to normal. I about shit myself. I just touched it once for about 1 sec, if that. I let the car idle for about 5 min and shut it off. Started it back up, everythings perfect. Decided to shut it off, changed the oil, and started it back up. After idling for about 20 min without even a hiccup, I couldnt help but drive it around the block once to see how everything was. Its perfect, not a single problem at all. I left it at the shop for the night, I called Ford about a new solenoid this morning hoping that it might solve the problem, but it wont be in until tom. and after reading Tonys post tonite I decided to go ahead and test it to hopefully get this off my mind. I will install the new solenoid and change the oil again tom, Im hoping to flush out any debris, if there is any.

Thanks Tony for the input, I was about ready to torch the damn thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back