How should I do?

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
Might be going to the track tonight if my dad feels up to it. Hopefully I can pull a new best time a street tires. My best so far in this car is a 13.5 at 105 with a 2.00 60 ft, this was before my bbr tune (had an evo tune before), gt500 tb, and deletes. Also this time I am gonna power shift. So what I'm asking is how much of an improvement should I see.

And my dad with be on his mt drs so i know he's gonna spank me.

Last edited:

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry, but you may do worst, street tires suck, & the more power you apply to them, the more they suck.

just go have fun & give us the results

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
Thanks you Torch Red FTW. I'm trying to con him into bringing someone along with a truck so we can put them on my car so I could actually get a pass on them to see if i can beat his time with them. If you havent noticed we have a little rivalry going, he has an 08 with LTs, Frpp cai, steeda lca's and he will be on drs tonight if we go.

sixshooter798

Reaction score
Youll probably gain 1-2 tenths. Or you could lose 3-4 tenths. Or, perhaps, if conditions allow, you'll gain absolutely nothing. On the other hand, if the stars align, you'll do a 300 ft. wheelstand and run somewhere in the 7's. However, if something goes wrong, you may see a significant dropoff.

Hope that helps.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
O P the most important thing is to enjoy the time you will get to have with your Dad. SOme of the best times my youngest son and I have had has been at the track. Unfortunately there is only one car to run and everytime he makes a pass I cringe and pray to God nothing happens to either on of them ( son or car). And to be honest with you, if you did spank your dad he would be much happier than you can imagine....just have a good time.

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
my first time out and my best until tonight

scan0001.jpg

and my new best and this was a race against my dad he treed me bad

scan0004.jpg

sorry for the big pictures lol

Last edited:

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
Are we ever happy with a time lol. Yes I'm happy I enproved ( improved) thats for you stkjock lol.

I forgot to add my best mph of the night was 110 :wtf: I have no idea how.

Last edited:

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
Brenspeed sells a rear tire/wheel combo. I believe there 17s wrapped in a Mickey Thompson. Check out their website. They also sell the Racestar drag wheels.

Yeah i know exactly what you mean with money.. I just got unemployed and money isnt the best for me anymore :/.. No mods for me until i either get back to working, or find a new job..

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
Brenspeed sells a rear tire/wheel combo. I believe there 17s wrapped in a Mickey Thompson. Check out their website. They also sell the Racestar drag wheels.

Yeah i know exactly what you mean with money.. I just got unemployed and money isnt the best for me anymore :/.. No mods for me until i either get back to working, or find a new job..
I will check it out for some reason I like going on street tires call me crazy but its fun. I like having to pedal a little bit dont ask me why cause I wont tell. :roflmao:

And I'm sorry to hear about the job thing hope you find something soon I know that can be very very stressful.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back