Hub Centric Rings

zipperhead

Reaction score
After trying everything to correct my vibration in the steering wheel around 60mph, IE. remove clips, road force balance and new tires, I am willing to try a set of hub centric rings. I have a set of 17 inch Ford Racing chrome bullit wheels on my 2006 GT and was hoping maybe someone might have the hub centric ring size I need. Unfortunetly I don't have anything to make an exact measurement myself.
Thanks

SonicBlur

]V[EGADET]-[
Reaction score
Wood Dale/Schaumburg, Illinois. Near Chicago
If they're real FRPP wheels, there should be no need for hubcentric rings. Those are mainly for aftermarket wheels that are NOT made specifically for the Mustang. If you have issues it's gotta be something else. However I have been wrong before...either way good luck!

Farmer

Reaction score
What were the RoadForce values?

I've had tires pass a RoadForce, but still be out of round and vibrate.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Just cause they get it to be balanced doesnt mean you dont have possibly a bent wheel, or a out of round tire, tire that needs to be rotated 180 degress on wheel. Sooo many different things can be the cause.

Farmer

Reaction score
Just cause they get it to be balanced doesnt mean you dont have possibly a bent wheel, or a out of round tire, tire that needs to be rotated 180 degress on wheel. Sooo many different things can be the cause.

This.

A good tech will automatically match the tire to the wheel if a complaint arises.

I'd say it's a slightly bent wheel or out of round tire.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
^ Exactly.

Get them to ride match the tires and wheels. Find out whats going on with them.
Ahh the days of working at Discount Tire. lol

Farmer

Reaction score
^ Exactly.

Get them to ride match the tires and wheels. Find out whats going on with them.
Ahh the days of working at Discount Tire. lol

I'm just used to having tires balanced incorrectly. :lol:

Then I found out about RoadForce and I don't have that issue.

zipperhead

Reaction score
The vibration was there before I bought new tires as my old ones did indeed have flat spots. This has been a season long PIA for me. I thought maybe I could mess around with it over the winter. If I pop my center caps off and there is clearance around the hub I got to believe that a hub ring will help. FYI I don't have the sheet from the road force balance but I can surely go back and try another balance.

neema

forum member
Reaction score
fyi if anyone wants some hubcentric rings, amazon is your friend. something like $10 for a set.

MJJ

forum member
Reaction score
After trying everything to correct my vibration in the steering wheel around 60mph, IE. remove clips, road force balance and new tires, I am willing to try a set of hub centric rings. I have a set of 17 inch Ford Racing chrome bullit wheels on my 2006 GT and was hoping maybe someone might have the hub centric ring size I need. Unfortunetly I don't have anything to make an exact measurement myself.
Thanks

I believe the mustang gt is 70.5. Not 100% sure.

stephen1371

forum member
Reaction score
I just changed to brand new brake pads rotors and lines, Strange 10 ways, BMR Springs, J&M adjust. panhard, J&M lower control arms, No vibration on the new rims and tires, after suspension change with an alignment vibration (very slight) at 70? they are new tires and I turned them over and over also had a high speed balancing on them. So I'm in the same boat as you can't find out where this vibration is coming from. (Also having alternator issues, but that's for another thread I guess)

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Put your fronts on the rear and rears on the front if you can. Don't worry about what it looks like since its only a test. If the vibration moves from the steering wheel to the drivers seat then it's definitely a tire/wheel and not suspension component. If it remains in the steering wheel look at suspension. My money is out of round tire though. I have one that was slightly out when I purchased it. Tire balances out on the machine but do a rotation test with a straight edge and you find it.

Sent from iPhone

stephen1371

forum member
Reaction score
I had my balanced first but then I had to take it to be High speed balance all the way up to 150 they said and I cant fit the rears on the front. but I ll check that out may just order some new tires to try and get rid of the problem.

Back