I Just changed the cams and started a engine noise

walmore

LUBRY SPORT
Reaction score
I was running my car with a compcams 127500, and I decided to change the cams for compcams 127300.... the problem is that started a engine noise like a lifter... but the lifters was fine with the other cams...

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can you describe the noise and what side it is from? Any CEL's?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok; I ask because after I installed my HR cams I had one of the cam caps come loose and it made a racket...my loose one was drivers side and the one closest to the front of the car.

walmore

LUBRY SPORT
Reaction score
Ok; I ask because after I installed my HR cams I had one of the cam caps come loose and it made a racket...my loose one was drivers side and the one closest to the front of the car.
Thanks, I gonna check the cam caps...

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score

If this is it, your experience has already helped at least 2 members here and no telling how many lurkers. Thanks for sharing.:thumb2:

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
Very true. I went from thumpr 3s to 600s and back down to 300s. Overall I think there the best cam for this car. All applications! Good power and they drive just like the stockers.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
yes, good point, thanks for bringing it up and thanks to Greg for being helpful.

If this is it, your experience has already helped at least 2 members here and no telling how many lurkers. Thanks for sharing.:thumb2:

Originally Posted by Greg Hazlett

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
Both of my heads are making the same sound at the same rpm and goes away when below or above a certain rpm. Only does it when motor is warm I noticed.

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
Nope. All of my sound is coming right from the valve covers. You can't help but hear it. VERY loud chatter. But whatever it is, the sound is the exact same from left to right heads, at the same exact rpm.

Back