Installed Comp Cams NSR Stage 2 cams today (127200)

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
Went to Cali HP Addict's place today and swapped out the stock cams for a pair of Comp NSR Stage 2 cams. The whole install went very smoothly and we were done in about 5 hours while working at a steady but not hectic pace.

Loaded in the Brenspeed tune I had (I also have a BBR tune I have yet to try) and the car fired up immediately and idled great. You could tell a difference in the idle right away but it is not radical by a long shot. Just enough to tell you that the motor is not running bone stock. :) Sitting in the car while it idles, you can feel just a slight bit of vibration. It's an OEM+"oomph" idle quality. Driveability is OEM.

We took it out for a test drive and the motor pulls strong all the way to redline now (I have 4.10 gears). It had rained earlier today so I am sure that the roads weren't in the best condition but when run up to 6k in 2nd and shifted into 3rd, the ass end kicked out.

Overall, I am really happy with the results.

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome. I'm sad that I have had my cams (NSR IIs) in for 600miles now and haven't been able to really fully experience their full or even 1/2 their potential. :(.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
congrats and enjoy

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
good choice, i know im happy with mine. check your VCT settings in your tune. u will get much more power retarding the cams up top to 15* from the factory 9*.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Very cool. I loved mine. Got me 1/2 a second at the track too.

You have a stick or auto?

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
I have a manual transmission, stock shifter with the saleen shifter block in it. Will post up some vids this spring.

usafimj

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Just purchased the same cams, and will also have 4.10's and long tubes installed at the same time. Can't wait!

I did these cams, kooks lt's, and 4.10 gears in 1 month and it's a whole new beast. Your going to love it

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome. I'm sad that I have had my cams (NSR IIs) in for 600miles now and haven't been able to really fully experience their full or even 1/2 their potential. :(.

Who did your install or did you do it yourself? I am looking for someone in tidewater to do my install.

- Jesse

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
Who did your install or did you do it yourself? I am looking for someone in tidewater to do my install.

- Jesse

I did them myself. Its really easy actually, once I found out that A FUCKING FOLLOWER IS JUST A FREAKING ROCKER ARM!!!!!!!. Just make sure you get a timing chain wedge...or you can jerry rig it with a garden hose. Let me know if you need some help.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back