Installing a paxton novi 2200.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Used the advice from those that did not get the CAI and picked up the tube/filter from Spectre on Amazon for $58 shipped.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 162826

Thanks for the tip! I already have a Airaide CAI so I'm just buying the 4x4 tube for $20 to connect the system. I'm getting the nkg plugs as well, I forgot to add that to the list. I'm still tossing the idea of a slim fan around because everything I read on hear says that's really the only painful part.. I think with my 160* tstat a slim fan would keep temps under control even on hot summer days. Also just picked the morso catch can to keep the oil out of everything. For the time being I'm keeping the stock coolest tank and I'll plasti dip it. I have a few bottle of it laying around and I have a feeling it may do the trick. If not I'll swap out.

I do want to pulley down and get the beefcake tq booster and gate it at around 9psi or so. But that will come later. I don't want to blow up my m6 lol.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the slim fan/shroud already from the TT install so that should eliminate a lot of headaches.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very simple; 4 10mm bolts, slides out of the clips at the bottom, unplug the fan controller-that can be fun-and it comes out easy. If you get the dual fan shroud you do have to wire the two fans together to have them wire into the stock fan controller wiring.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Just a note of caution on the 13-14 cars using the specter or other form of CAI .. Gizmo did run into an issue not using shielding around the filter area ... Ended up with an intake tube full of water so if you take that route you may need to fab some shielding to protect against water coming in from the top vent

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Just a note of caution on the 13-14 cars using the specter or other form of CAI .. Gizmo did run into an issue not using shielding around the filter area ... Ended up with an intake tube full of water so if you take that route you may need to fab some shielding to protect against water coming in from the top vent

Good point. The Airaid box with a foam insert in the driver side vent works well.

D

Deleted member 162826

Just checking to make sure I understand this. The torque booster from beefcake. The point is to pulley down to say 3.33 and set the spring at say 9psi or around what the 3.8 was giving you. This keeps peak power close to the same but ramps the boost on faster for improved midrange rpm power? Which requires a retune. Who went from a basic kit then added thus..was it worth the coin. Sounds like a no brainer to me?!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back