It has begun

Turbotungsten

forum member
Reaction score
I guess the first part is under way, I spent a butt load of money today. I ordered a stroker rotating assy from Livernois, as well as gaskets, main and head studs, cam phaser lock outs and an oil pump. I also ordered a 76mm journal bearing turbo from HP turbo to upgrade from my 60mm. I wanted to go with a BB, but I am trying to save money where can. I contacted KarKraft to order a new block, but I got the answering machine. I hope to hear from them tomorrow. I will be sending the heads off to MMR on Wed for a stage two port, springs, and valves, as well as there stage 2 custom turbo cams. I have two combustion chambers that are a little dinged up from the grenading of the original motor, but I think they can throw a little rod at that. I have a new Spec stage 3 clutch (26 spline), a Fidanza aluminum flywheel, and BMR subframes to install as well. Original mods include HP turbo single kit, BMR adj upper, BMR lower contol arms, DSSL, BMR ajd panhard bar, BMR strut tower brace, Hurst Shifter, Diablo tuning w/mafia, twin SVT Fucus pumps, and JBA axle back exhaust. Will be purchasing the following later this week; 26 spline input (sending to Pro Motion) for 3650, axle exchange one piece steel DS, 60lb injectors, replacing JBA axle back with Pypes, rear end girdle, and twin GT pumps. This list is compiled with input from many of you so thanks!! If I am missing anything let me know. Can my stock radiator keep up with this? Anything else I am obviously overlooking? Its a sickness isn't it!!?? My eight yr old son and 4 yr old son played a major role in engine tear down. Imagine the questions!! Don't forget to keep the sickness alive. When you can make a high crack head say WOW!!, you know your drugs are better than his. LOL They do kilos, or ounces, or grams, we do RWHP!!! Later!

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What oil pump did you order? Unless something has changed that I haven't heard about, the OEM oil pumps actually flow with more pressure than the aftermarket "hi flo race pumps". And the aftermarket pumps were causing problems. Especially in stroker motors.

tehsleeper

forum member
Reaction score
What's the reasoning behind the new block?

The stock block is pretty stout.

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have two combustion chambers that are a little dinged up from the grenading of the original motor

I think that may have something to do with it :)

Turbotungsten

forum member
Reaction score
You are correct SixtySix. 7 holes in the sides!!! As far as the oil pump, I am going to go with factory pump from Livernois. They too said they stopped massaging them as it wasn't needed. I am only replacing it because there is an ass load of debris in my pick up tube.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you going with billet gears on the oil pump or staying stock?

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i say stay away from aftermarket oil pumps, we just got a 302 stroker together with 76mm turbo and once i has warmed up you can hear the timing chains slapping inside the front cover. i won't mention who made/sold the pump but it is only putting out 45 psi.

if you want to know who we got the pump from shoot me a PM and i will let you know

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back