Jodadej's Engine Build Thread

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Not really sure Greg. I probably won't get my hands back on the car until the 8th of September assuming everything needed to fix my engine back up is in stock and doesn't have to be ordered. At that point though, breaking my car isn't really an option. I've been without it, minus 3 days worth of driving, since March. My 190bhp cherokee isn't cutting it on the fun factor.

The 67mm that came out of my car would fit nicely on the 4.0 though.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Engine is back in the car as of Friday and it was started to check for leaks. That was the last update I got. Should be broken in early this week.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
So it was on the dyno but tuner wasn't happy with data and the power was off, so it came off and they are putting new plugs in it. So I have to wait till next Monday before they put it back on the dyno to hopefully finish it up.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Hope everything works out this time Jason, I know how hard it is not being to drive the car.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the shop. The car is making power and torque, but not having run it up high there is tons of blow by coming out the breathers. It was a smoke out the exhaust and then when they took breathers off and oil cap off it wasn't as bad. Any thoughts???

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I think we need a separate forum for the 3V failures, and that I should abandon my mild build and sell my car.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I posted this info in the tech thread on engine help also. Please feel free to comment....
Latest:

Compression: Leak Down
1: 194
2: 195
3: 197 18%
4: 190
5: 188 25%
6: 195
7: 209 10%
8: 197

The leak was evident in the crank case for the leak down.

#7 was the one that initially had oil all over it.
Thoughts other than # 5 is not too happy on leak down?

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
It's running but only on about 7psi. Going to do another leak down this weekend. Trying to figure out the best way. If i should just follow the firing order fir which cylinder to test.
Burning a bit of oil though also. Today, I will have put 1k miles on it.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Just to keep this thread up to date. I performed another leak down test on 11-22.

Results are
1=6%
2=12%
3=7%
4=6%
5=15%
6=14%
7=8%
8=10%

At this point I don't think this motor is ever going to function the way I want it to and there is no point trying to push it and cause something catastrophic.

I'm currently in the process of being tuned by Manuel because the previous tune would barely start the car after 30 seconds(previous tuner). Manuel on the very first tune revision the car fired after 3 seconds. As everyone has said he's such a pleasure to work with.

The purpose of getting him to tune now is to ensure I have a good base tune for when I get the engine out and then back in the car. I want to break in the new engine on a good tune. This will help me get there.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do engine wise yet. Probably pull it in my garage(little bit smaller). Going to need some help and advice for this. Then sent it out to a good modular builder.

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
Damn what a debacle. Jason really sorry to hear this, I know the $$$ has gotta be killing you when you still dont have what you want out the car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back