Jodadej's Engine Build Thread

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Thanks Charlie. The wideband just came in yesterday. I had to pick up another firewire cable and I extended all the lines on the LC-2 today to make their connections. I've got a 10 pole fuse box with cover coming tomorrow to finally clean up some wiring under my dash. I will be running a dedicated wire off the battery to a relay and then to power this unit. The relay will be powered by a 12V ACC add a fuse.

I'm going to reprogram the 2nd output wire from the LC-2 to be the same as the 1st. 1 will run to the gauge while the other runs to the firewire for data logging. I'm also going to hook the wiring up with a USB extension cable on both ends so that the fire wire cable will just plug in and not have to stay in the car coiled under the dash.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S2YCE6/ref=pe_385040_127541860_TE_dp_1

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Innovate LC-2 with a g3 gauge in a roush pod.

hSwpBS2.jpg

GivPIjw

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Unfortunately burning it to the ground would be worse than keeping it. I'd get what, 10k from insurance. I put more than that into it in the past year.

So here is what I did to mount the LC-2. I also wired a Relay and a direct hot wire to power all the goodies. The Fuse panel is from Amazon. It was only about $30. Then I have a bussed connection for grounds. You can also see the USB quick disconnect that I use for data logging now. I can access it through the little panel in the armrest.

GOPUyfH.jpg

L8nUCUA.jpg

M96wubz.jpg

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
So I put 1k miles on my oil and thought I'd send it out to be analyzed. This analysis probably came form the 3rd change of oil on this rebuild ~ 1700 total engine miles. The last time I check the leak down was a little low, but oil usage improved. Over the 1k interval I didn't have to add any oil. However the analysis shows decent amount of aluminum and iron. Thoughts? I was hoping to be able to drive it more and up the boost, but now I'm not so sure. Car pulls good and only smokes oil slightly till its warm then nothing.

Here is the report.

Last edited:

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Here's a little pull video. Manuel has been working with me over the past 2 months getting me situated. The car runs great right now and hasn't been burning any oil.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
That's some good news Jason, hopefully you have finally beat that engine into submission

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I'm hoping so, the last 200-300 miles haven't been easy! What oil are you guys using again. I think I remember Jeremy saying 10-30 synthetic. All I ever used before was Mobile 1 5w20 but I assumed with this engine being looser than a stock ford tight clearance, I may need something else.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good news Jason! Looks a little slow into full boost though, no? I did run 10w30 for awhile no issues went back to 5w20 when I went oil-less.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
yeah it looked a little slow in that video, because I went to full throttle at 2200 rpm. I attempted a break boost on the same gain today and it spooled to about 8 or 9 from 3500 rpm

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
Amsoil here to, I don't think you can go wrong with it. Glad to hear things are turning the corner for you Jason!! That's trans has been in hibernation lately, OC this spring?

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Greg Pm me some pricing on 10w30 full syn.

Charlie, if everything holds together I will try to make it down in my car. If not I'll be going down with the vette guys still.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I want to go real soon! I'm hoping to be faster than JoshK's 11.2 @ 135 when he was on 20lb lol. I haven't made a good pass on the T56 trans yet, the one time I went I broke up at the big end. I'm going to probably try to come out w/o 2-step first and not try to make any record 60' times but then let the big dog eat after that. I'm hoping for a 138+ trapper

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
138 would be a low 10/high 9 second pass.

I have seen Jason drive and he can bang gears!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back