JPC Cams tested, Dyno sheets inside

KonaGT

forum member
Reaction score
Are the stock cams not billet? Don't tell me they are iron

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
Hi guys to answer the question in regards to using the stock valve springs. We don't add any lift with our cams since they are regrinds, the cams actually have a little less lift than stock. We did add duration though and the camshaft lobes have a more aggressive ramp. So while it might be a "little" harder on the valve spring than teh stock cam profile, high rpm gear changes or sustained high rpm abuse would be the valve spring killer, before the valve springs demise from the camshaft profile.

Normal turn around once we receive your cams is 5-7 business days, but we are loading up on cores as we speak to do better with an "exchange" program. Meaning we are trying to keep the cams in stock, so upon you placing your order we can bill the "core charge" up front and ship the cams same day. When we receive your cams, we refund your credit card. Sound simple right? :)

Now, there are aftermarket companies working on billet cams as we speak. In comparison, the aftermarket cams will most likely require valve springs because of added lift and more aggressive profiles. The billet cams will also retail at $1500 and ours are $899. Not to mention the cost of valve springs and possibly retainers. Changing valve springs will be a task, which =more labor=more $. The pros to the billet cams will most likely be "lope and possibly/most likely more hp" , maybe. :)

Personally, if we could turn more than 7700rpms, I would be itching to try a more aggressive cam, but at this time we cannot. I think what we can supply now will work great for most street/strip cars. I would like more lope as well, but we can't have it all at this stage of the game. I'm hoping soon, that "idle lope" can just be done in the tune and then you can have the best of both worlds.

So far we have made ZERO tuning adjustments to the cammed 2011's that we have done. Not to say we haven't played with cam timing to maximize gains. :) So no worries about having your local shop install these and driving the car home. :)

Thanks JB

How is the lowend power and tq(off the line)? Is it reduced? I'm wondering how these cams would do in a stock stalled auto without 4.10 or high gears(im currently running 3.55s). I dont want it to be more of a terd off the line and dont plan on running an aftermarket stall.

Last edited:

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Yea weather friday night was great, thats when george ran a cecil. Did you see them by any chance george? Saturday, the weather was perfect down at MIR too.

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Yea weather friday night was great, thats when george ran a cecil. Did you see them by any chance george? Saturday, the weather was perfect down at MIR too.

Yes the DA' was awesome. The track, not so much. We couldn't leave hard at all. We mustered a 11.91/11.92 @ 119.6mph w/ 1.96-2.1 60fts. It flys. I have no doubt with track prep the car can run .40's, definitely .50's Still had the 18"s on the front. This was with 295/55/15 M/Ts. It was cold.

How is the lowend power and tq(off the line)? Is it reduced? I'm wondering how these cams would do in a stock stalled auto without 4.10 or high gears(im currently running 3.55s). I dont want it to be more of a terd off the line and dont plan on running an aftermarket stall.

I was wishing for 3.55's with the power this car makes. When we get some lowers and icm's it will help. Car is an animal

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
That is crazy! What did that car dyno at? I had a little bit better hook on my fastest pass yesterday at MIR and only managed a 11.90. You guys are killing it with that 5.0. Really shows those extra revs really help. Stock block and shifting at 6k isn't helping a whole lot.

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
We're going to try to get the car scaled. This car is as much of a tank as it can be. Fully loaded, glass roof you name it, it has it.

My08Stang

One Bad Poster
Reaction score
We're going to try to get the car scaled. This car is as much of a tank as it can be. Fully loaded, glass roof you name it, it has it.

it has Advance Trac too...LOL... oh don't forget back-up camera, but still broke into the 11's...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back