Kenne Bell 3.2 makes 805 rwhp on the 4.6 3v

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
wait is this 3.2 legit? fuck I may be getting rid of some turbos

You would get rid of twins for a KB kit? Why? Get ready for high IAT and belt problems.

If you're looking for the absolute best of the best PD blower setup for a 3v look here:

http://departmentofboost.com/products/2005_2010_mustang_gt/r_spec_supercharger_kit.htm

If you price out what it would actually take to make big power with a 3.2L KB (everything for big power is not in the box). You will have spent as much as the R-Spec....................but still have the worst IC in the industry.

Last edited:

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
I just don't see how I'm gonna spend anywhere near 3k extra on a Kenne bell setup to match the 10k price tag on the R spec

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
I just don't see how I'm gonna spend anywhere near 3k extra on a Kenne bell setup to match the 10k price tag on the R spec

I still would not switch from turbos to a KB setup. I would switch form a KB to turbos though.

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
As much as I like turbos I love driving my dad's gt500. I'll probably keep the turbos just because theyre more efficient and sound nasty but that PD feeeeel

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score

How much power do you want to make?

As much as I like turbos I love driving my dad's gt500. I'll probably keep the turbos just because theyre more efficient and sound nasty but that PD feeeeel

That's what I keep telling everyone!!:thumb2:

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
I'm thinking 1100 is my goal with the 6262s. I think it's achievable with e85, cams, and my compression ratio. this car is 95% street though and it weighs 3100 pounds so i only plan on 10-12 psi on the street. That is why I'm considering PD. Will make me plenty of power and it just feels too damn good!

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I'm thinking 1100 is my goal with the 6262s. I think it's achievable with e85, cams, and my compression ratio. this car is 95% street though and it weighs 3100 pounds so i only plan on 10-12 psi on the street. That is why I'm considering PD. Will make me plenty of power and it just feels too damn good!

Is your PD goal 1100 then too?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Probably not that much but at least 900 with a pd

900 will be a problem with that KB. You will have horrible IAT issues. And you can't fix that with e85. You can mitigate the problem, but not solve it in any way shape or form. I doubt you will even be able to make a complete pass without pulling timing. It's that bad. No amount of money or parts will fix this problem short of cutting the manifold up and designing/building a custom IC. I couldn't keep a 2.6L at 20psi cool and I threw every trick in the book at it. You are talking about throwing a 3.2L on the exact same setup and running more boost.

You will absolutely have belt problems. Even if you do an 8 rib conversion you will still have them. And our 10 rib kit is $2000.

Just to fix the KB's belt issue you are only $500 away from a R-Spec. And that doesn't account for the "savings" of not having unsolvable IAT issues either.

And there are all sorts of small details about the R-Spec that makes it a lot more desirable than the KB.

I designed the R-Spec because of Kenne Bell. That should tell you something.:thumb2:

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
Here's a link I found on SVT testing the KB 3.2 blower. Some decent numbers at fairly low boost given the crap 91 fuel.

http://www.svtperformance.com/?p=13927

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
-If the goal is to make maximum HP on 93 the best bet is with a big blower. Big blowers don't have to spin as hard to make big numbers so they make more power easier. At some point you run out of octane though

Ask me how I know this to be a true statement :redface:

plugs.jpg

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Word to the wise, do not push a gen 1 3.2 24 psi +.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't know they were known for the belt issue. My belts last about a year usually. I broke one about 4 years ago.

Seems like if I go race it wears on them pretty good. Probably the shifting.

6 rib belt @15 psi.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back