Leafblower

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
I have a budget corded "remington" 7.5 amps, 150 mph. Works great for automotive, it's sole purpose. Front, rear, and mirrors impossible on S197 otherwise...

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score
This turned into quite a thread. I use an electric Black & Decker blower and it gets most of the water off, especially effective in spots like the grille, deck lid, wheels and louvers. Without a Master Blaster, I'm not sure how some of you never use a towel because it's hard to move ALL the water off the car.

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
It's not hard if I can't get it all off with the back pack I pull it in my garage and use the air compressor on it

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
The time it takes dragging around cords & such why not just take a few more mins & dry it by hand? If lazyness is an issue then why even bother washing the car? Just go get some lil debbies cakes & watch tv...lol

the towels won't blow water out of the grill, from the tail lights, the mirrors etc. I bought a cheap one, and follow around with a chamois for what little water is left. Easy to do. The less you rub a black car the better. Even a battery powered blower will help with 75% of the water.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I've never seen a leaf blower that blows exhaust fumes forward. That's a pretty rediculous thing to consider harmful to a paint job. Pointed in the right direction there's no way it could be harmful.

I use a combination of things to dry my car with. A leaf blower, or compressed air is used for the grills, taillights, cowl etc.

There are ones out there that blow the fumes out with the air, so there is no way to point it in a right direction since the fumes come right out with the air you're blowing on the car. That's the kind we're talking about being potentially harmful.

And as far as it being hard to dry a car with just a blower. I can do it on my GC with my little cheap blower that is under 200MPH easily. If the car is waxed/sealed properly it will just fly right off of it easily.

ixtlan

Reaction score
Just go cheap and light.
Got a couple at my homestead and the cheapo electric does just good a job as the mach 2 blower.
But a damn site easier to muscle around.
Arms get a bit tired with the high blow blower.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
dont worry, i got you guys

torres_blower.jpg

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Gas powered blower is a definite NO.

Yes I am well aware your car will make contact with exhaust fumes while driving, but a gas powered 2 stroke leaf blower will spit/mist raw/unburnt fuel and oil directly on your paint, something traffic will not do directly.

But hey it's your car, I personally don't like spending hours cleaning my car just to have raw fuel/oil on the surface during the drying stages.

If you are just looking for a cheap solution to drying your car, an electric/corded leaf blower thats 200+ mph will do fine.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score

Yes I am well aware your car will make contact with exhaust fumes while driving, but a gas powered 2 stroke leaf blower will spit/mist raw/unburnt fuel and oil directly on your paint, something traffic will not do directly.

But hey it's your car, I personally don't like spending hours cleaning my car just to have raw fuel/oil on the surface during the drying stages.

If you are just looking for a cheap solution to drying your car, an electric/corded leaf blower thats 200+ mph will do fine.

Gotcha. Well my issue is it cannot be corded. It has to be cordless--either battery or gas.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
With a gasoline powered hand held blower you would probably need to fab up an exhaust deflector so that the exhaust isn't blowing forward. This could be as simple as buying a copper 90 from the hardware store plumbing department and brazing it on the muffler.

xAeons

forum member
Reaction score
I don't really use a leaf blower to dry the car, but when I do I use it mostly on the wheels. Water spots show up pretty easily on my RTRs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
There are ones out there that blow the fumes out with the air, so there is no way to point it in a right direction since the fumes come right out with the air you're blowing on the car. That's the kind we're talking about being potentially harmful.

And as far as it being hard to dry a car with just a blower. I can do it on my GC with my little cheap blower that is under 200MPH easily. If the car is waxed/sealed properly it will just fly right off of it easily.

With a gasoline powered hand held blower you would probably need to fab up an exhaust deflector so that the exhaust isn't blowing forward. This could be as simple as buying a copper 90 from the hardware store plumbing department and brazing it on the muffler.

Already went over this guys gas powered ones are fine not ALL blow the fumes with the air it blows mine has its own exaughst....:clap:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back