Learning to make fast go fast!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Tried going to the track last night only to drive right back home. Track flyer on there site said the had an event this weekend but would have T&T and a Gambler's race on Friday night. So, I called them and asked if we just came for the T&T on Friday night, would we be allowed to say at the track in the hauler over night and they said yes. So, we loaded everything up and drive 1.75 hrs to the track only to be told that we could only T&T if we signed up for one of the races the next day at $200 each, WTF!

Anyhow I have a little 1/8 mile track close we are going to tomorrow afternoon to tune at. Not looking for any numbers, just to tune.

Also look at at those tires all tucked in!

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I understand the feeling. My fuel system shorted out and ruined itself so I have been fighting some hiccups. I left it at Triangle and told Daniel not to give it back until its going to go 8.99. Haha

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I went to a back woods track close today to data log. I should have just hit a back road! Lol

travelers

Reaction score
I know the track wasn't prepped but it probable better then a local road. It looks like you might need so good old fashion Slick. Do you blow off the tires on a prepped track?

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
What track is that? You need to just bring the car down here so we can do work at either HMP or RPR. I'll even leave you a parking spot next to mine

Attachments

• 13166118_1347301885296661_934169477123709323_n.jpg
    13166118_1347301885296661_934169477123709323_n.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 3

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I know the track wasn't prepped but it probable better then a local road. It looks like you might need so good old fashion Slick. Do you blow off the tires on a prepped track?

This track is the worst track I have ever been to, the surface is all cracked and all. It's a good place for testing as you can make all the runs you want for $15. It is mostly used for Friday and Saturday night fun and grudge. I like it for what I wanted this weekend or if my son and his buddies want to meet on a Saturday night to do some legal drag racing. It's just not for my car to make great passes there. I knew this going there though. I also knew I would not be through rounds of bracket racing to make two or three datalog passes. I'm headed to The Texas Motorpkex next Friday night to test again.

What track is that? You need to just bring the car down here so we can do work at either HMP or RPR. I'll even leave you a parking spot next to mine
It was at Cedar Creek Dragway in Kemp. We will be back in H town soon enough. I will be working there from September till November. I just need a safe well guarded please to keep the hauler with the car in it. Any extra parking at work?

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This track is the worst track I have ever been to, the surface is all cracked and all. It's a good place for testing as you can make all the runs you want for $15. It is mostly used for Friday and Saturday night fun and grudge. I like it for what I wanted this weekend or if my son and his buddies want to meet on a Saturday night to do some legal drag racing. It's just not for my car to make great passes there. I knew this going there though. I also knew I would not be through rounds of bracket racing to make two or three datalog passes. I'm headed to The Texas Motorpkex next Friday night to test again.

It was at Cedar Creek Dragway in Kemp. We will be back in H town soon enough. I will be working there from September till November. I just need a safe well guarded please to keep the hauler with the car in it. Any extra parking at work?

I have actually been to that track. One Friday night back when all my Mustang had was CAI and Bama tune (Before AM & Bama merged). I think I made 28 passes that night. I was he only car there.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Does it matter if I still had fun driving it? Lol

I even lined up against my son twice so he could see how fast it was from the rear view.

Heck yea, having fun is the biggest factor, everything else comes after that, if what we do isn't fun then what's the point, it's not like any of us are getting rich or anything by doing this, lol Have mucho fun!

travelers

Reaction score
Heck yea, having fun is the biggest factor, everything else comes after that, if what we do isn't fun then what's the point, it's not like any of us are getting rich or anything by doing this, lol Have mucho fun!

I agree, that's what it's all about FUN.....

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
It was fun, but I'm not a " NO PREP" guy. I wish we had a Go Pro on the kids car the two times we ran each other after that. Pretty sideways several times on each pass with him in tow.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
With my FP still dropping in the higher RPM along with my conversations with Manuel and a lengthy discussion with Justin at Fore I have decided the way my pumps are wired may be the issue. After a quick search I learned that the Fore FC3 controller can do everything Justin told me to do with local parts from the auto parts store and a stereo shop. After I get everything done and it works I will explain how it is wired now and how he suggested I run it. I would like to say, I'm extremely impressed with Justin taking 20 min. out of his day to help with this issue and did not try to sell me the controller. To some it may could have looked like he was just trying to sell a part. Myself on the other hand would have bought on the spot.

Hats off to Justin at Fore Innovations for his help!

That all being said, no testing at the track this weekend. I have the controller coming 2nd day air so I will be hooking that up before any more pulls. I also have the kids project this long weekend, but we will update that in his thread.

travelers

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a good plan to cure the fuel pressure problem. And, yes the guys like Justin are great to work with.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back