Let's get this forum going again...

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately the s197 platform is 15 years old with the last 3v made over 10 years ago. Once the Coyote engines came out everybody jumped to new forums. Several members here don't even own a Mustang any more (myself included). The ones that still own the older Mustangs aren't doing much to them any more. The race crowd doing all the mods and installing blowers have all moved to the Coyote engine since it is vastly superior to the 4.6 in every way.

This forum will die just as the Fox body forums have died. You're only relevant as long as you're relevant.

The s197 mustangs themselves won't just disappear. The one you sold off will have other owners and those owners may have questions and find this place. Forums won't die due to an older model stang, it will die if there aren't new members replacing the old. S197forum.com still gets decent traffic from search engines. As long as people still own s197s and have questions, this still will survive.

Will it ever be like it was in the hay days? Hell no, but it could still be a decently active forum for years to come.

Last edited:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, as there's always new members coming on board that are S197 owners to keep these sites going for many years to come. The facebook groups on the other hand are a freaking joke as members are discovering that very few people have any technical knowledge to offer and are fed up getting the same old bullshit questions, such as what color is your ride or what kind of CAI do you have. As far as I'm concerned, S197 forum along with TMS remain the most active to go places for S197 owners IMHO.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The s197 mustangs themselves won't just disappear. The one you sold off will have other owners and those owners may have questions and find this place. Forums won't die due to an older model stang, it will die if there aren't new members replacing the old. S197forum.com still gets decent traffic from search engines. As long as people still own s197s and have questions, this still will survive.

Will it ever be like it was in the hay days? Hell no, but it could still be a decently active forum for years to come.
Because of FB the searches happen because people are looking for stuff to laugh at. S197forum on FB is the laughing stock out of all the mustang pages. Of course it gets grouped with the forum.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
This place is great, deserves promotion. S197s, esp 3v's, are are now landing in the hands of kids since they are all worthless. It's similar to when fox bodies got cheap and I bought my 86. Changed me as a person!! No reason to be glum.
Kids aren't on facebook btw... lower engagement. It's mostly boomers bleating about trump and immigrants if I understand it correctly.

Aerofinz

Reaction score
... it will die if there aren't new members replacing the old...

All well said, including what I edited out, but why would the next/younger generation have any interest in joining a group of old guys that constantly seek out ways to hate/shame/disqualify/criticise (whatever you want to call it) their input? Why bother yet one more time to ask a poster "did you do a search"? To me that's like having a fellow car guy at a car show ask about a mod, and telling them "google it, you have a phone".

Flame away. Doesn't change the outcome. Accelerating our own demise.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Because of FB the searches happen because people are looking for stuff to laugh at. S197forum on FB is the laughing stock out of all the mustang pages. Of course it gets grouped with the forum.

Yeesh.

All well said, including what I edited out, but why would the next/younger generation have any interest in joining a group of old guys that constantly seek out ways to hate/shame/disqualify/criticise (whatever you want to call it) their input? Why bother yet one more time to ask a poster "did you do a search"? To me that's like having a fellow car guy at a car show ask about a mod, and telling them "google it, you have a phone".

Ah i posted chit chat in tech for 2-3 years and I hung around. Built an amazing car. Your point is overstated-jmho

Last edited by a moderator:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

You don't seem to "get it" when it comes to the way this forum is. Bullshit and laziness is mostly not tolerated and almost always called out. If you ask a question that has been answered more than once, why the fuck do you think any one of us has to make any response other than "Did you search it? That's been asked & answered."

If it's a new question or set of circumstances, that's different. But something like what backspace will fit my '09 GT with Brembo's is going to get "Did you search it? That's been asked & answered."

"I'm concerned about you feelings as I type this heartfelt reply." said no long term member EVER.

If you don't like it.......

door.jpg

Aerofinz

Reaction score
tjm73"post: 2461576 said:
why the fikk do you think any one of us has to make any response...

My point exactly. Why bother to even respond?

Anyone know the biggest tire I can put on my Mustang? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
So in saying that this is a great forum. I love it. If any of us have a question , post it. No matter how small the question is , post it. Quit saying stuff about the search function. Help a new member with anything they need.
Let me make a slightly different suggestion here. Sometimes you know that a question has been answered at length, so instead of trying to cover it all yourself, why not provide a link to that thread or threads . . . or at least a search term that has some hope of finding them.

Yes Facebook is convinent but it will be the death of online knowledge base. Have s197 buddies , direct them to Tapatalk to use the forums.
So what is this 'Tapatalk' and why would anybody need to go through them to get here when it seems just as easy to refer them to 's197forums dot com'? I really don't seen the need for an intermediary.

Is fb good for anything besides idle chit-chat and emotional game-playing?

I'm just a old forum owner
Me, I'm just old . . . but I sort of get what you're saying.

Norm

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Actually the forum died when Shaggy bought it...

but finally a thread worth reading. I sure miss the good ol' days when roasting a know-it-all idiot was encouraged.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
If it's worth even trying to make a suggestion, it's that the advertising needs to stop hogging bandwidth. I'm apt to have the site stop recognizing keystrokes mid-word. That already holds my participation down (at 3000 posts as of this one, I do have a fair amount of time and effort invested). I can't imagine that being something that would have a newbie continuing to come back, most would cut their losses at a single digit number of posts.

Norm

Aerofinz

Reaction score
If it's worth even trying to make a suggestion, it's that the advertising needs to stop hogging bandwidth. I'm apt to have the site stop recognizing keystrokes mid-word. That already holds my participation down (at 3000 posts as of this one, I do have a fair amount of time and effort invested). I can't imagine that being something that would have a newbie continuing to come back, most would cut their losses at a single digit number of posts.

Norm

Due respect, which I sincerely feel you've earned as you do add value and great experience to the Forum without the bashing. On the other hand, if a consensus wants to maintain the "old ways" of bashing "newbie idiots" etc., and justify it often in near threatening tones, don't expect to grow or survive. No search engine, lack of ads, etc. will change the ultimate outcome. Just be good with it. As I suspect many of you already are.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Due respect, which I sincerely feel you've earned as you do add value and great experience to the Forum without the bashing. On the other hand, if a consensus wants to maintain the "old ways" of bashing "newbie idiots" etc., and justify it often in near threatening tones, don't expect to grow or survive. No search engine, lack of ads, etc. will change the ultimate outcome. Just be good with it. As I suspect many of you already are.

Near threatening tones....love it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back