Let's get this forum going again...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Due respect, which I sincerely feel you've earned as you do add value and great experience to the Forum without the bashing. On the other hand, if a consensus wants to maintain the "old ways" of bashing "newbie idiots" etc., and justify it often in near threatening tones, don't expect to grow or survive. No search engine, lack of ads, etc. will change the ultimate outcome. Just be good with it. As I suspect many of you already are.
What I was getting at was only one of the issues that could work against growth (or even maintaining some level of activity).

Personally, I've never found the bashing here to be all that bad. Then again, I've been a member over on Corner-carvers since 2001 and never seemed to run into intolerable problems there either.

Could it be that fb and other social media platforms have sensitized people too much these days? That they're defining themselves too much by what goes on in those arenas?

Norm

Aerofinz

Reaction score
What I was getting at was only one of the issues that could work against growth (or even maintaining some level of activity).

Personally, I've never found the bashing here to be all that bad. Then again, I've been a member over on Corner-carvers since 2001 and never seemed to run into intolerable problems there either.

Could it be that fb and other social media platforms have sensitized people too much these days? That they're defining themselves too much by what goes on in those arenas?

Norm

It's me, Norm, the resident Idiot. I accept my fate. Carry on with your wonderful Forum.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Due respect, which I sincerely feel you've earned as you do add value and great experience to the Forum without the bashing. On the other hand, if a consensus wants to maintain the "old ways" of bashing "newbie idiots" etc., and justify it often in near threatening tones, don't expect to grow or survive. No search engine, lack of ads, etc. will change the ultimate outcome. Just be good with it. As I suspect many of you already are.

Nobody expects a forum based on an outdated platform to survive. It's a fucking miracle it's still up, and only is because Shaggy will try to bleed every fucking penny out of this forum that he killed. Still mad at Kimmer for selling out.

Jgt58

Reaction score
Nobody expects a forum based on an outdated platform to survive. It's a fucking miracle it's still up, and only is because Shaggy will try to bleed every fucking penny out of this forum that he killed. Still mad at Kimmer for selling out.
Try not to be too upset. I owned elitestangs back in the day. Very successful forum. Then life happened. I no longer had the time to invest in it and I had to sell to my partner. When I look back , I regret it. My partner was money hungry and ruined it. Went from family friendly to ads everywhere and flaming left and right.....

So in saying that we don't know what led to the sale of the forum

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Let me make a slightly different suggestion here. Sometimes you know that a question has been answered at length, so instead of trying to cover it all yourself, why not provide a link to that thread or threads . . . or at least a search term that has some hope of finding them.

So what is this 'Tapatalk' and why would anybody need to go through them to get here when it seems just as easy to refer them to 's197forums dot com'? I really don't seen the need for an intermediary.

Is fb good for anything besides idle chit-chat and emotional game-playing?

Me, I'm just old . . . but I sort of get what you're saying.

Norm
Tapatalk is a app on the Google store that makes the forum phone Friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's me, Norm, the resident Idiot. I accept my fate. Carry on with your wonderful Forum.

Jaye - as upset as I was when the site was sold, I don't see it as fair to blame the decline on Shaggy in full, I think a lot of it was just unfortunate timing, would the site have been better off if Kim sold it to Doc (Hawgman - for those less entrenched in the boards history) or to me???? IDK, maybe yes maybe no.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone realize there are mopar forums thriving for cars that stopped being built what... 50 years ago. Of which there are very few surviving examples, that are all garbage, vs. 100's of thousands of good S197's?

If people don't see the value in an old GT, smiles per dollar...

THEY DON'T DESERVE SHAGGY'S GREAT FORUM.

who the hell is shaggy

Jgt58

Reaction score
Does anyone realize there are mopar forums thriving for cars that stopped being built what... 50 years ago. Of which there are very few surviving examples, that are all garbage, vs. 100's of thousands of good S197's?

If people don't see the value in an old GT, smiles per dollar...

THEY DON'T DESERVE SHAGGY'S GREAT FORUM.

who the hell is shaggy
+1

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My point exactly. Why bother to even respond?

Because if we don't police such stupid ass laziness, the forum will be littered with 100's of threads asking about the same god damn thing that was already answered in an old thread a few years ago.

Also my point. If you are happy with not expanding or keeping the Forum alive long(er) term...

The forum lives because it has exceedingly high quality tech (and good natured old school banter that some people can't seem to handle) and doesn't tolerate bullshit from fucknuts that can't "read the room" when they join in.

FrankieD

Reaction score
I have to agree with you Norm, maybe it's because we are the same age and have a more tolerant view on asking questions. My view is if you don't want to answer a question don't say anything. I'm new here and have only had my 09 GT convert for a year and still learning. I am finding engine mods are expensive and technical so I have a lot of questions and I am sure there are more and more young people going to buy these cars with the prices going down so the S197's will be around for a while but if we get bitched at for asking a question that has been asked we will go elsewhere. right now I am not getting a very warm fuzzy feeling here. so that is my $.02

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Try not to be too upset. I owned elitestangs back in the day. Very successful forum. Then life happened. I no longer had the time to invest in it and I had to sell to my partner. When I look back , I regret it. My partner was money hungry and ruined it. Went from family friendly to ads everywhere and flaming left and right.....

So in saying that we don't know what led to the sale of the forum

I actually don't care what led to it. What I care about it is that he sold it to the wrong person. Thanks for the anecdotal life story though. That helped me still be pissed off about it. lol

Because if we don't police such stupid ass laziness, the forum will be littered with 100's of threads asking about the same god damn thing that was already answered in an old thread a few years ago.
But what's the best axle-back for HP gains AND that sounds the best?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jgt58

Reaction score
I actually don't care what led to it. What I care about it is that he sold it to the wrong person. Thanks for the anecdotal life story though. That helped me still be pissed off about it. lol
Glad I could help... [emoji106]

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with you Norm, maybe it's because we are the same age and have a more tolerant view on asking questions. My view is if you don't want to answer a question don't say anything. I'm new here and have only had my 09 GT convert for a year and still learning. I am finding engine mods are expensive and technical so I have a lot of questions and I am sure there are more and more young people going to buy these cars with the prices going down so the S197's will be around for a while but if we get bitched at for asking a question that has been asked we will go elsewhere. right now I am not getting a very warm fuzzy feeling here. so that is my $.02

we're tolerant of questions, even if a same/similar question has been asked. it's the stupid and repetitive questions that get policed by the membership and the staff. you'll find if you ask a solid question, the membership will go out of its way to help you. the gestalt of the board has always been this way, not to spoon feed, we expect the newer members to make some effort.

Welcome! Check out post #21 in this thread.

:lol: thanks

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
No wonder your suggestion didn't make any sense to me. I'm strictly a computer user as far as the internet is concerned (need the screen size and a real keyboard, among other reasons).

And thanks.

Norm

Jgt58

Reaction score
No wonder your suggestion didn't make any sense to me. I'm strictly a computer user as far as the internet is concerned (need the screen size and a real keyboard, among other reasons).

And thanks.

Norm
I used to be the same way but times have changed and the time I get to spend in front of a computer is few and far between.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you are too lazy to do a simple search im going to be too lazy to answer you. On the other hand i will not be too lazy to tell you to fucking search. Some of the baddest 05-09 S197's were built on this forum and some have not given up on the 05-09 platform. I can guarantee that there is not a question that has not been answered here.

Jgt58

Reaction score
If you are too lazy to do a simple search im going to be too lazy to answer you. On the other hand i will not be too lazy to tell you to fucking search. Some of the baddest 05-09 S197's were built on this forum and some have not given up on the 05-09 platform. I can guarantee that there is not a question that has not been answered here.
So in your logic we should just rename the forum to s197archives.com?

[emoji1787] Give me an fing break you jackwagon

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I used to be the same way but times have changed and the time I get to spend in front of a computer is few and far between.
Seems to me that has to be at least partly your choice. Not criticizing here, just noting.

Going from there, for most people their phone is a poor platform for composing lengthy responses describing more involved technical points. My gut feel is that the phone is better suited to short responses a la Twitter. Never used to see "tl;dr", either.

AmIwrong?

Norm

Aerofinz

Reaction score

So in your logic we should just rename the forum to s197archives.com?
[emoji1787] Give me an fing break you jackwagon

Pretty good for a Newbie Idiot! Kudos! ;)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back