Location for intercooler water pump matter?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
With my current DOB manifold setup I have the GT500 heat exchanger water pump setup (Intercooler -> Reservoir -> Pump -> Heat Exchanger -> Intercooler).

I plan on using the Meziere 20GPM water pump and was wondering if the location of the water pump mattered. Like after the H/E instead of before, or even before the reservoir tank or after and etc.

obxdude018

forum member
Reaction score
The way I have it routed for the DOB, is Pump-H/E-Intercooler-Resevoir-Pump and I have the Pump mounted right behind the front bumper on the driver's side.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
If doing the mezier you can mount it near the washer fluid tank. Best way is to route it from ic to the pump, bottom of he, to tank, then back to the ic...

That will bottom fill the he which is most efficient.. just look at the radiator. You never see one of those top fill do you? Ford did it for convenience the other way on the gt500. The way above is most efficient. Plus the meziere will not mount in the factory location either

Last edited:

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Well my heat exchanger bottom is on the driver side, so I will have to mount the meziere on driver side. And try to route it so it goes from he to tank to intercooler, because of the locations of the tank(which will remain on the stock location) and the pump, it would require unnecessary hose routing with lots of bends.

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is mounted drivers side sort of behind the front bumper, following the same location roush uses. Fill the HE from bottom to top.

Mine goes reservoir directly to pump then HE into the intercooler and then back into the reservoir.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back