Magnum 500 style wheels

NewtomeGT

Reaction score
Does no one offer Magnum 500 style rims in 19 inches any more? I don't like any of the current styles of wheels and wanted a throwback style for my car. Ford currently offers a wheel I like in that vein but even with the discount I get through my job they are shockingly expensive. Any ideas?

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
upload_2019-2-20_11-24-56.jpeg
Shelby used to sell these in 20x9 front and 20x10 rear. I think these are the best looking Magnum 500 style wheels recently made.

WaldoWorks

WaldoWorks
Reaction score
NewtomeGT - I have a set of the Shelby CS69 wheels. All 4 of them are 18 x 9.5". The Shelby center caps suck (broke when removed) 305-45-4.JPG so I adapted some Ford caps as seen in the photo. They are not perfect but never been in a wreck, just put on different wheels twice since then. $500 + shipping takes all four (no caps). I'm in Wisconsin. I have lots of S197 parts sitting on shelves including those Brembo brakes in the photo.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
NewtomeGT - I have a set of the Shelby CS69 wheels. All 4 of them are 18 x 9.5". The Shelby center caps suck (broke when removed)
so I adapted some Ford caps as seen in the photo. They are not perfect but never been in a wreck, just put on different wheels twice since then. $500 + shipping takes all four (no caps). I'm in Wisconsin. I have lots of S197 parts sitting on shelves including those Brembo brakes in the photo.

Is that a V8 badge on the front fender?

WaldoWorks

WaldoWorks
Reaction score
Hi Gabe,
They are V8 badges. We have a laser so those are homemade from plastic (product called gravoply) that is laminated black and white. The laser can be programmed to only cut through the top layer leaving the other color visible. Wanted something different than everyone else. That's a 10 year old picture so the car has changed a bit. Hard to believe it already almost 15 years old!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Hi Gabe,
They are V8 badges. We have a laser so those are homemade from plastic (product called gravoply) that is laminated black and white. The laser can be programmed to only cut through the top layer leaving the other color visible. Wanted something different than everyone else. That's a 10 year old picture so the car has changed a bit. Hard to believe it already almost 15 years old!

The car looks like a V6 model though ...

WaldoWorks

WaldoWorks
Reaction score
Exactly! Not too showy. Today the car sits much lower, has a full GR40 Griggs front suspension, full Cortex rear suspension, Whipple supercharger, Tremec Magnum XL 6 speed and over 50000 miles. I'd like to swap the 3 valve for a Coyote next. Car is begging for another 150-200hp.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back