Mason-Dixon Dragway

06whipple

Anyone know how crowded test n tunes get at Mason-Dixon? Was thinking about going down this weekend and was curious how many runs on average people usually get. Cecil has been getting bad lately...only 3 or 4 runs lately (lots of time in lanes waiting) so wanted to try somewhere else. Have had good days at Numidia and Beaver but I like the lower altitude in Md for ET. A little bit closer too.

LegendLives

Reaction score
I will going on sat for the test & tune, Im hope its not to damn crowded but sunday starts the points racing.

I hope your not beside me in the next lane, I dont want to look like Im going backwards

Last edited:

06whipple

At least ten runs would be nice. I went to Numidia last weekend for the first time and got like 14 runs in ...could've easily had 20 or more. Track is really smooth and real professional people...had a great time. Extremely well organized! I would say best experience I've had so far. Usually the same at Beaver Springs although track isn't quite as nice but the atmosphere there is real laid back...super nice people. High elevation costs about 3 tenths ET though. Hoping for 11.5s or 11.6s down in Md just don't want to sit in lanes 3 hours total...that sucks.

06whipple

LegendLives...don't know about looking like going backwards. I'm still learning...it's hard to be consistent. Have you been to track yet at all? With your mods should be in 12s

LegendLives

Reaction score
I was there a few years ago to run my Falcon and it went pretty quickly as far as being able to run a lot but I dont know what it would be like now. Laura could probable give you a better answer, she goes there alot.

Mr. Bill

forum member
Reaction score
If you want to go to Mason-Dixon I suggest you join the Northern Va Mustang Club (free). They rent the track out 1 a month just for members. When I lived up there you can get as many runs as you wanted. Some guys would get in more than 15 runs, some up to 20. There are all sorts of drivers that go. Lots of fun and if you have questions or need help there are plenty of people willing to help.
The track is rented for 4 hrs and the cost is $50 at club meetings or $52 via paypal and $60 at the gate. http://www.northernvirginiamustangclub.com/

If I wasn't so far away now, I would still be going every month. Loads of fun.

06whipple

LegendLives...If you want to check out my wheels (anthracite bullit 17x9s) and Nittos Sat I'll sell them to you CHEAP ($350-$400). Only about 50-75 runs on them...still like new (have a little over $600 in them). Bought the setup from American Muscle prior to the Whipple. Want to get 15s and 28" tire...have to get into 5th gear and it's killing my et. Shooting for 1.65ish 60 foot without breaking stock drivetrain. Not looking to go faster then 11.5...don't want a cage just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

LegendLives

Reaction score
LegendLives...don't know about looking like going backwards. I'm still learning...it's hard to be consistent. Have you been to track yet at all? With your mods should be in 12s

I havent taken the Mustang to the track so it will be a first for it, so I dont know what she will do in the 1/4. I would be lovin 12's but not getting my hopes up. Low 13's Im thinking, We will see I guess.

06whipple

didn't make it today...kids weren't into waiting around at the track while I have fun. Priorities

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back