Mic Test / Cammed V8 Stuff Inside

Gramps

Straight Grampin'
Reaction score
I recently got some new audio gear for the video productions that I'm doing for featuredgarage.com. I needed to get my settings dialed in and I figure if I can capture the sound of my Mustang, then I can capture the sound of most cars I'm going to film. With the high dB and an absurdly fat low-end (bass) tone, this car is pretty hard to accurately record. I think I might have it dialed in for the most part. As far as specs go, I recorded this with a Shure SM-57 running into a TASCAM DR-60D MKII. The settings and EQ are my own recipe and I won't drone on about all that here. So with that said, what do you think of the audio? What could be changed?

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Sounds pretty accurate to what my old cammed 3V sounded like. Your pretty close.

Gramps

Straight Grampin'
Reaction score
Ha, will do. After doing a bit of playing around with various settings, I think this clip could have really benefited from a compressor. I had a chance last night to film a Saab 9-5 with a bit of work done to it, and it was a breeze to record compared to the Mustang. I'm definitely digging this audio setup.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back