Midlife crisis Mustang!

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by MMRUSSELL, Sep 18, 2019.

1. MMRUSSELL

MMRUSSELL Junior Member

upload_2019-9-18_13-13-50.jpeg

upload_2019-9-18_13-32-1.jpeg

upload_2019-9-18_13-29-1.jpeg

Here are a few pics of the new ride. Just purchased in July. The previous owner did all the bolt-on upgrades (Boss 302 manifold, JLT intake, custom exhaust, BBT 85mm throttle body, custom tuned)

It did have coil overs, but I had to go back to stock bc the ride was a little too stiff for me. So I bought the Steeda sport springs and I’ve been slowly working on aesthetics: tint, tail lights, the Eleanor scoops, and Fred’s deck lid.

I was looking for advice on what short shifter to get, and found this forum so I decided on the MGW.

I have the Roush 7 bar grille, but waiting to get new head lights before I have it installed.

I haven’t decided on what rear spoiler to get. I’m torn between the GT500 and more aggressive Roush.

Hopefully with Christmas and tax return, I’ll be getting that Stalker II hood.

JJDAG likes this.
  2. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

congrats, welcome to the site... please swap out those taillights

darien87, JJDAG and Kyle2115 like this.
  3. fdjizm

fdjizm Drag Queen

You take those taillights off that car right now!

Nice ride.

darien87 likes this.
  4. MrAwesome987

MrAwesome987 forum member

Those tailights hurt.

darien87 likes this.
  5. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

Chill guys. ;) He already has them on his "to do" list.

6. fdjizm

fdjizm Drag Queen

Could also mean he just added them :eek:

darien87 and MrAwesome987 like this.
  7. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

that's they way I took it

darien87 likes this.
  8. RED09GT

RED09GT Senior Member S197 Team Member

Agreed, nice car but the tail lights have got to go. It's not a GTR and it's not a corvette, round tail lights have no place on a mustang of any year.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  9. oldVOR

oldVOR forum member

I think he added them as well.
    I wouldn't put them on my Mustang but it is his to do with as he pleases....
    No matter how much it makes the rest of us throw up a little bit....

RLF9409 likes this.
  10. Dino Dino Bambino

Nevertheless we agree that the ones in the photo have to go. :eek:

11. MMRUSSELL

MMRUSSELL Junior Member

Ha thanks for all of the replies...I have to admit when I was much younger the GTR has always been my dream car.

I wanted to do something different that I didn’t see on other Mustangs which is why I preferred the window scoops over the louvers.

The more I see the vector tail lights, the more I like them so I may change it up when i have the opportunity.

12. Midlife Crises

Midlife Crises Junior Member

MMRUSSELL
    I think that’s an awesome ride but Midlife Crisis has to be red. And loud.

13. kazman59

kazman59 King of Kazmania

1968 Charger it's not.

14. MADGT

MADGT forum member

Nice Mustang, congrats!

15. Dino Dino Bambino

I've been living my midlife crisis for the last 12 years. ;) I had a '95 GT for 6 years and I've had my '06 GT for the last 6 years. :D

16. Iceman62

Iceman62 Bullitt 6005

Sweet 'Stang...love the color. If you imagine the tails as a nice set of h(@)(@)ters...they're not all bad looking. ;) :D

MMRUSSELL likes this.
  17. JCCNY

JCCNY forum member

I was going to write something similar. No crisis, just living....congrats OP!

18. RED09GT

RED09GT Senior Member S197 Team Member

Personally, I prefer only one nipple per boob.

05wvmustang likes this.
  19. Pentalab

Pentalab forum member

Get the 2012 GT-500 rear spoiler (with the gurney flap).... it's a direct swap with your oem spoiler. Just 4 x bolts. The Roush version requires one extra hole to be drilled into the rear car body, on either side of trunk lid....pita. Roush version is split into 3 x sections, the GT-500 is one section..and actually has an aerodynamic function that works.

Replace the rear lower fascia with the 2012 GT-500 version.... looks a lot better.
    Complete the look with Roush side splitters, they are 3/8" thick, makes the car look lower to the ground that it actually is....good optical illusion.

Install oem tail lights.... which are led....and sequential. Your car appears to be a 2011-2012
    They came with the 'power dome hood'. Just add the Roush / CDC etc version fake hood scoop on top of it... (minus the insert). The psychological effect is menacing. You can get em from AM...pre-painted.

20. ipscshooter

ipscshooter Junior Member

My midlife crisis car.... 2013 GT, added SVT wheels, GT500 rear spoiler, Laguna Seca grille, ARH long tube headers, Roush coil covers, Roush axle-back, and Roush supercharger. Makes 563hp at the rear wheels. Since this picture, it now has a GT500 hood, as some douche in a jeep backed into my car while it was parked and his spare tire bent the original hood.

2013 Mustang After Mods 1 jpg.jpg

MMRUSSELL likes this.