Mystery push button

msvela448

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks again guys for the input. I set off the alarm with the fob and pressed the button without stopping the alarm. Think maybe 1) this set-up was disconnected when the interlock keypad was installed or 2) there's another way to arm/disarm with the button itself...
That's probably not how it works... If it's a programming button for different features of an alarm then there is a specific sequence to enter the programming mode... It will depend on the alarm manufacturer. It might be something like turning the key on and off three times while holding the button down.

If the car had an "interlock device / keypad" like something a person would have to get after getting a DUI, then you should probably take it to one of those installers to have it all removed (assuming it's no longer legally required to be on the car). The button likely has something to do with the programming of that device if there had been one installed. Just Google "DUI interlock installation near me" and you'll probably find a place.

I still believe it is related to your aftermarket alarm (not the factory horn honk one). You might have to just take it to a car stereo shop near you and ask about it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back