Need a tune

05 vert

Reaction score
I have a 06 gt with a jlt intake. I have a sct4 tuner should i buy bama tunes for life fir 150. Or is there a better option thanks

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I have a 06 gt with a jlt intake. I have a sct4 tuner should i buy bama tunes for life fir 150. Or is there a better option thanks

Avoid BAMA like the plague. They offer tunes for life because they need a lifetime to get the tune right. :lol:
Your best option is Lito but you'll also be happy with an email tune from Brenspeed. The JLT 3 CAI & SCT tuner combo from Brenspeed was my very first upgrade, and it felt like I'd added a 25 shot of nitrous especially with the 91 octane tune.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Find a reputable local tuner. I did not have luck with Lito despite the amount of recommendations.

GriffX

Reaction score
I just got a new Bama tune, I was a customer from the original Bama owner, so got tunes for life for free.
The American Muscle/Bama tunes really did suck, but since 2-3 years they work quite good without iteration (better with).
Did anybody compared a Bama and Lito tune on bit level? What's the difference?
I did a tune analysis for a Supercharged Mercedes and was very disappointed, the difference between a 6 psi and 12 psi tune was two lines in the fueling table, for 80 and 100% load, all others stock values.

Laga

Reaction score
Find a reputable local tuner. I did not have luck with Lito despite the amount of recommendations.
So you are the one out of a hundred that makes up the exception. Should the OP listen to you, or the other 99 that are happy with Lito?

Brenspeed sold me a supercharger package, then LT headers, then camshaft, along with a couple of small items. Close to $10K. The last tune that came with the cam, was so bad, the car had to idle for 10 minutes before I could back it out of the garage without it dying. Even after it fully warmed up, it would die at a stop. Their response for help was, “ that’s how it is”. I am not the only one who had bad tunes and bad CS from Brenspeed.
After Lito tuned it. It runs like a dream. He has done multiple tunes for different size supercharger pulleys, E85, and a rebuild. You can’t go wrong with Lito.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
So you are the one out of a hundred that makes up the exception. Should the OP listen to you, or the other 99 that are happy with Lito?

Brenspeed sold me a supercharger package, then LT headers, then camshaft, along with a couple of small items. Close to $10K. The last tune that came with the cam, was so bad, the car had to idle for 10 minutes before I could back it out of the garage without it dying. Even after it fully warmed up, it would die at a stop. Their response for help was, “ that’s how it is”. I am not the only one who had bad tunes and bad CS from Brenspeed.
After Lito tuned it. It runs like a dream. He has done multiple tunes for different size supercharger pulleys, E85, and a rebuild. You can’t go wrong with Lito.

Well fuck me for saying anything right? Same thing happened last time I mentioned it.

The dude asked about tunes so I shared my experience, I couldn’t care less who he listens to. I got a tune done by a reputable local place, the car pulls great, fuel economy went up and if I have an issue I can go to the guy and speak face to face with him. Just because most people have a good experience with Lito doesn’t mean he’s the only option.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score

i refer to them as "brand B".

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
ive had good luck with vmp performance. i am hearing great things these days about juggernaut performance as well who i understand is a former lund person. JP uses SCT devices. Another name making waves in the Ford spectrum up my way is Ortiz down on the Texas Border. They use HP tuner devices.

For a canned tune however and that is all you really need IMHO, I agree with Steeda. A custom tune will gain you nothing further.

Last edited:

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Mines a '12, so a little bit different animal. But I had Bama tunes for almost 10 years, recently swapped to Palm Beach Dyno (because of an intake swap Bama couldn't tune for) and I can't tell the difference tbh. I had issues after my long tube swap and Bama worked with me on trying to fix it, they responded quickly to my datalogs with a tune revision. Never had a problem there at all. Problem still exists with PBD tune as well. I think it's mechanical issue but haven't found it yet.

I haven't sent a datalog to PBD yet, but I'm told by numerous they are quick to respond as well. I have no experience with Lito, but I've read nothing but good things about him, except that he can be hard to reach at times. But that's understandable considering where he's at.

Reaction score
Im tuned by Lito, and im happy with it. He knows his stuff, im sure about that. I had an engine replacement, running the procharger system with bov, fuel return system, no fpdm, not the easiest combo to tune and i was looking for a tuner for a startup tune and overall tuning for the car, everyone recommended him and i pulled a trigger. He nailed the tune from the first startup just based from my mod list. With the next datalog he adjusted it a bit and it was great ever since, planning to go e85 through him soon. Price is very reasonable, you have pretty much life support, fast to respond and overall a great guy and knows 3v platform a-z . The only downside obviously if you want to know your whp you need to go to dyno separately, but im not into that, all i cared about was stability

05 vert

Reaction score
I emailed lito got back quickly but it's over 200. Is there any cheaper options since I'm all stock except Cai

DieHarder

Reaction score
I emailed lito got back quickly but it's over 200. Is there any cheaper options since I'm all stock except Cai

Understand, just remember the old adage you get what you pay for. Worth it IMHO but of course I have a blower on an 06 GT so it's a necessity. I will tell you that all follow up tunes/requests were free (incl a tune to pass smog) and my car's been running great for 3+ years. Never any issues with the tune. Any local/other tuner would have charged me 3x more.

Note, it's helpful if you have a laptop and aftermarket WB gauge/sensor to capture/monitor AFR's but likely not necessary if all you're changing is a CAI.

Curtis B

Reaction score
I too had the BAMA Tunes for life as it came with my Tuner and JLT3 Intake. After doing more modifications the tuning became less satisfactory with each additional upgrade to the car. I went with a Lito Tune and he did a great job at really getting the most out of what I have done to the car. I will go back to him as required in the future.

Mustang Wayne

Reaction score
I have an 05 with a CAI and mufflers replaced with resonators. Came with a BAMA tune before Doug sold out to AM. Doug tried to help me but we could never git rid of the throttle lag and hesitations. Bought a SCT X4 and Brenspeed tune and the throttle lag is gone and via the BUTT Dyno it feels like +15HP over the BAMA . I've never had anything but great service from Brenspeed.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Do you get any better mileage with that?

I uploaded my initial 91 octane tune from Brenspeed when I installed the JLT 3. Though performance/throttle response improved dramatically, gas mileage was unchanged.
Three months later when I installed Steeda underdrive pulleys and DIY charge motion delete plates, I uploaded a revised CMCV delete 91 octane tune. Performance improved further but this time gas mileage also improved by ~1mpg, though I suspect the UDPs were responsible for that rather than the tune.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back