New best time and runner up in class

Chilliwack 42

forum member
Reaction score
I ran a new personal best ET of 12.45 @108 at Mission Raceway(Mission, BC, Canada) for the Mega Ford Weekend. If anyone lives near BC they should head out there next year http://www.megafordweekend.com/ . We ended running eliminations yesterday because the weather didn't look promising for today. I had horseshoes up my ass though. My opponent in the first round was running in two different classes which was a no no. I guess he was racing in the other one when they called my class up to the staging lanes. I held back till the end and finally made a solo pass. The guy I was up against in the second round forgot to hold down the button for his trans brake and ended up jumping the lights giving me the win and advancing to the final round. I ended up losing in the finals to a 9 second fox. I wish I could say I won each round by being faster. Atleast half of the cars in the class were mid 11's and faster. I guess anything can happen when racing

Chilliwack 42

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm hoping long tube headers, Ford Racing or C&L intake and a proper dyno tune will help me get closer to the 11's. It's been running rich since I put the Mutha Thumpr cams in. Might do heads later on too. I'd love to make the 11 seconds club naturally aspirated.

Chilliwack 42

forum member
Reaction score
JLT CAI with Bamachips email 93 race tune, Comp Mutha Thumpr Cams, CMCV Delete Plate, Steeda Pulleys, BBK Shorty Headers, Flowmaster 40 series, O/R X-Pipe, Coastline Driveshaft, 4.10 Gears, Truetrac Posi, Moser Axles, MSD Ford Launch Master, SLP Line Lock, Steeda Billet Strut Brace, Steeda Rad Support, Steeda Billet LCA's and Relocate Brackets, Koni Yellows, Eibach Drag Springs, 15" Bogarts all around, ET Fronts and ET Drags. I daily drive it all year as is, well other than switching up for street wheels and tires.

Chilliwack 42

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I still have a bunch more bolt ons I could do though. The Mutha Thumprs aren't the best choice of cam, but I like the sound and it did give me some power. I need some more seat time too, I only made to the local track here 3 times so far this year. I could probably drop a 10th if I hit the gym too haha.

Last edited:

08GOGTSTANG

Reaction score
Hey Chilliwack42, what are you launching off the line at? I have similar mods and with the mutha thumpers and have been trying to get my launch right the last couple months. It seems like if it hooks it bogs down and I can only pull 2.0 60 fts or if i launch at 5000 or more it spins but then i pull my best 60 foots which are low 1.8s. I'm running 275 40/17 MT DRs now. Next year I plan on doing the 15" drag wheels with MT bias ply et streets with the 2 step. Just wanted to get an idea of where you are launching.

Chilliwack 42

forum member
Reaction score
I'm launching at 4,000 rpm. I actually recently found out the track was mixing their VHT with alcohol to help it dry, but didn't realize that VHT changed their formula I guess and started adding alcohol already. They've been using the extra thinned out VHT all year. I should have bumped it up to at least 4,500, but I didn't want to tinker around too much. I still have to figure out what to set my shocks too. Right now the fronts are full soft and the rears I think are a full turn from full soft. I pulled a 1.702 60 foot on the run in that video. I just looked at my slips again and I also ran an all new best 60 foot too, ran a 1.656 in the finals. Fuck I wish I hadn't blown the 1-2 shift, maybe could have gone a 12.3. haha still wouldn't have beat that 9 second fox. What pressure are you running in your drag radials? You have alot of the same mods as me haha and some I still want to get. My car doesn't really feel like it bogs too much off the line, it used to when I was on street tires and had to launch at a lower rpm. I dump the clutch pretty quick, but you do have to slip it a little.

08GOGTSTANG

Reaction score
I have tried my air pressure from 20 down to 15. I have the best luck at 15 and thats what I have it set at most of the time. I actually dropped it down to 13 the last time out and had decent luck with that. The track I go to sucks for any drag radial car, they do very little track prep. I usually dump the clutch off the line I need to start slipping it a little so the rpms stay above 3500.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back