New forum member here

Robotech

Reaction score
Just wanted to stop by and give a brief introduction. I personally do not own a Mustang but my fiance' does have an 06 GT with the 5-speed manual. (There is something increadibly hot about that...don't know why) Anyway, I'll be doing the work on the car more than likely so I figured it was time to find a forum community for the car. I already have a rear end leak to fix and this forum has already given me the answers I need to complete the job...now I just have to figure out which end the leak is coming from...LOL Hate chassing leaks.

A bit more about me though. I own a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP that is highly modified. Waiting for a new IC core at the moment as my other one thought it would be funny and start pumping about 20 oz of water into my engine with every pass. I wasn't thrilled. Even so the car ran 12.070 at Pinks All Out in Vegas back in 2007 with that issue in 108 degree heat and a track elevation of 2200 feet without a decent tune. Funds and other issues have prevented me from getting it back on the street until now. Hopefully I can get her in order and post some new times.

Anyway, glad to be here and can't wait to start working on the Mustang.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard man!

Hey.. a gear head is a gear head in my book. Just because you happen to have a different brand doesn't mean we won't appreciate your knowledge. :thumb2:

Of course it also doesn't mean you are gonna get a free pass for having a slow ass Pontiac either :lol:

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
lol^^ Welcome man. You've put some time and effort into your car and now do the same with your wife's car! Put it into 12s as well with some bolt ons and ET Streets. :beer:

Robotech

Reaction score
That's the plan...though I have to lock down the tool chest every night because she keeps trying to get the Whipple off my Pontiac to put on her Mustang...sneaky thing she is. LOL

Also may take a bit more than that to get her into the 12s...depending on what you classify as bolt ons. LOL Raced a Whipple charged Cobra up at our local (now closed) track, LACR (2,700 feet elevation) with both of us on street setups and he ran a 13.3 to my 12.9. The DA and heat out here can just KILL our track times... :(

Last edited:

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
That's the plan...though I have to lock down the tool chest every night because she keeps trying to get the Whipple off my Pontiac to put on her Mustang...sneaky thing she is. LOL

haha, funny.. the first time I heard a whipple on a pontiac, it was here.

It scared me a little cause of how loud the whine was, but I guess the camera man nearly shit himself cause he jumped from what you can tell in the video. lol.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Raced a Whipple charged Cobra up at our local (now closed) track, LACR (2,700 feet elevation) with both of us on street setups and he ran a 13.3 to my 12.9. The DA and heat out here can just KILL our track times... :(

Sounds like he was in serious need of a driver mod! check out the drag strip section. There is a pretty big thread of NA S197s in the 12s with bolt ons.

DA has been friggin crap around here lately as well. Track is only 675ft but the DA has been 4000 or so last couple of times I have been. Gotta love Texas summer and humidity.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Sounds like he was in serious need of a driver mod! check out the drag strip section. There is a pretty big thread of NA S197s in the 12s with bolt ons.

DA has been friggin crap around here lately as well. Track is only 675ft but the DA has been 4000 or so last couple of times I have been. Gotta love Texas summer and humidity.

+1 a cobra here at our local track with a vortech and DRs can't pass a 13.1 for the life of him.

Robotech

Reaction score
This guy was on street tires...no DRs or slicks...and so was I. IIRC the DA that day worked out to right around 6,000 feet. Not pretty. Neither of us had decent 60's that day. Actually, I just saw the time slip around here a couple days ago...I should dig it up and see the stats. :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back