New Heads and Cams Are In

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have what's called "exercise induced asthma". It started in 2000. what kills me is I used to do long distance running and full contact kick boxing. Now I have trouble walking 200 feet. :tdown:

Holy fu%k!.... how does that come about? I ran CC from 9th grade to 2 yrs college, did tri's from '88 'till 2000... I'd loose my mind if I lost my wind! I feel for ya bro.

What causes this? PM me so I dont complete the hijack!

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry for still hijacking, but I had asthma when I was about 6, then it subsided after using an inhaler and getting medication. My only constant problem is allergies(congestion) from rapidly changing weather(hot and cold weather back and forth)

I wonder what marc will run with his new setup at the track.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I wonder what marc will run with his new setup at the track.

Until I get use to it... maybe 12.5 or 12.4. In a few weeks, if I can get it to hook and I get in a grove, maybe 12.2 or 12.1. I'll be praying for 11's by November though. :leghump:

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I say 11.9. Plenty of S197's will be running 11's by this fall so I'm sure you will.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Whahoo!!! 391 rwhp 358 rwtq! Holy crap is this thing fast!

Chris, thanks so much for all the help man.

I'm glad to see a bunch of my friends showed up at the shop in support and to see the numbers. Thanks for all the kudos guys...
Dyno_Chart_-_Stage_3_Heads_Cams.jpg

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice... I gotta get me some of those stage III SPR's...

With the intake, you are at 400 for sure... 11's this weekend:thumb:

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
SPR stage III interesting... peak hp/tq very similar to mine... thus very safe... just MORE! I need these things yesterday!

both break 300 hp same 4700rpms... YOURS just keeps going... !!

Attachments

• dyno sheet.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Those numbers look good too man. I have to tell you, the extra 30+ ftlbs of TQ is awesome!

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
hahaha I hope so!

Would you recommend the stage 3's for a never track driven, fully street driven car? Also, are 3:73's a bad gear for that cam(in the form of making up for lost low end) to where 4:10+ is needed?

forensicsteve

Aggie Dad
Reaction score
Great sound Marc. Nice and aggressive and still user-friendly. Great combo...

Our cams/heads from livernois were made for the turbo. Our car is NOT used on the street anymore, so the really rough idle is not an issue...don't think it would make for a reliable or enjoyable DD though. Won't parallel park anymore anyway...lol

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Would you recommend the stage 3's for a never track driven, fully street driven car? Also, are 3:73's a bad gear for that cam(in the form of making up for lost low end) to where 4:10+ is needed?

If you want a really aggressive car, YES. It is my DD.

I put almost 500 miles on the street this week. The car has awesome street manners. It was a bit more friendly at the traffic lights and stop signs when the idle was at 1000 rpm, but the lobe at 700 is so freakin' cool that I am leaving it there.

Even with the low idle, the only thing it does that would be considered unusual is idle hunt for 2 to 3 seconds (1 or 2 bounces). I could care less about that, esp since I think it is a tuning issue I just need to work out.

I also did some MPG testing:

My avg speed per tank for 2 tanks was 35 mph. With both of those tanks I got 220 miles on 12 gal. That is an avg of 18.3 MPG, per tank.

I then did a 20 mile trip in the city. I avg'd 18 mph (stop & go, red lights, etc). for that 20 miles, I avg'd 14.5 MPG

I then got on the highway and traveled 20 miles. I maintained a speed of 65 mph. I avg'd 29.7 MPG!

Pretty cool stuff.

hey marcspaz can you give me a quick list of all the mods on your car.

Go Fast Parts:
Steeda UDP's
C&L Street CAI
Shaker CAI
Livernios Stage 3 heads
Comp Cams XFI Stage 3 SPR Cams
American Racing Long Tube Headers (1.75" dia tubing)
American Racing Hi-Flo Catted X-Pipe
Spec Stage 3 Clutch
FRPP 4.56:1 R&P
Eaton TruTac LSD

Supporting Mods
PowerSlot Slotted Brake Rotors (front and rear)
Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads (front and rear)
FRPP M-18000-A Shocks
FRPP M-5300-k Springs
FRPP M-3075-R FR500C Front LCA's
FRPP M-5490-A Sway Bar Kit
BMR Rear Adjustable UCA
BMR Rear Fixed Tubular LCA's
BMR Rear LCA Relocation Brackets
M&H Racemaster Drag Radials (325/45r17)
Steeda Street Rear Deck Wing

Great sound Marc. Nice and aggressive and still user-friendly. Great combo...

Our cams/heads from livernois were made for the turbo. Our car is NOT used on the street anymore, so the really rough idle is not an issue...don't think it would make for a reliable or enjoyable DD though. Won't parallel park anymore anyway...lol

Thanks for the kudos!

That's funny...

Last edited:

05yellowgt

Reaction score
Looks good. Do you know what the SAE numbers are by chance? Looks like you could get the air/fuel tweaked a little bit better too and might pick up a couple of hp there. Any idea what kind of timing the tune is running?

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Whahoo!!! 391 rwhp 358 rwtq! Holy crap is this thing fast!

Chris, thanks so much for all the help man.

I'm glad to see a bunch of my friends showed up at the shop in support and to see the numbers. Thanks for all the kudos guys...
Dyno_Chart_-_Stage_3_Heads_Cams.jpg

Great numbers Marc!! :thumb: John kept me posted through out the dynos......i got a couple nice videos too and boy does your car sound mean as all get out!!

*Side note* We gotta work on this relationship here so I get my car up to your speed! LOL

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Looks good. Do you know what the SAE numbers are by chance? Looks like you could get the air/fuel tweaked a little bit better too and might pick up a couple of hp there. Any idea what kind of timing the tune is running?

I don't know what the SAE is. The files have been saved, so I can always ask.

As far as timing goes, it's up around 33-34 at peak. The knock count was really low up there too. Maybe less then 700 on either sensor.

I do need to tweak the AFR. My friends over at Excessive only tune SCT and I have a Diablo Sport. We had to use the laptop for data logs and the hand held to get it dialed in to where it is now. There is a major improvement in AF, HP and TQ, but Diablo itself is some what limited, esp compared to what the full blown tuning apps can do. I may need to just suck it up and buy a new SCT.

Great numbers Marc!! :thumb: John kept me posted through out the dynos......i got a couple nice videos too and boy does your car sound mean as all get out!!

*Side note* We gotta work on this relationship here so I get my car up to your speed! LOL

Thanks! It was fun. I love the way it sounds for sure. Jon did an awesome job helping me video tape the pulls too. Once my schedule cleans up a little (Saturday?), I will post a pull or two.

Nice "side note" btw. We'll have to work something out... :beerchug2: LOL

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the car. Honestly, not knocking your intake, but you would be well over 400 if you get a C&L racer or a JLT. The reason i'm not knocking it is I run a C&L street too. I will be swaping it when I get my heads and cams on. Which is very soon hopefully. Your numbers got me kind of excited, I will be running a simular setup. I'm just hoping for a moddest 370 or so to the wheels.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
If you want a really aggressive car, YES. It is my DD.

I put almost 500 miles on the street this week. The car has awesome street manners. It was a bit more friendly at the traffic lights and stop signs when the idle was at 1000 rpm, but the lobe at 700 is so freakin' cool that I am leaving it there.

Even with the low idle, the only thing it does that would be considered unusual is idle hunt for 2 to 3 seconds (1 or 2 bounces). I could care less about that, esp since I think it is a tuning issue I just need to work out.

I also did some MPG testing:

My avg speed per tank for 2 tanks was 35 mph. With both of those tanks I got 220 miles on 12 gal. That is an avg of 18.3 MPG, per tank.

I then did a 20 mile trip in the city. I avg'd 18 mph (stop & go, red lights, etc). for that 20 miles, I avg'd 14.5 MPG

I then got on the highway and traveled 20 miles. I maintained a speed of 65 mph. I avg'd 29.7 MPG!

Pretty cool stuff.

Go Fast Parts:
Steeda UDP's
C&L Street CAI
Shaker CAI
Livernios Stage 3 heads
Comp Cams XFI Stage 3 SPR Cams
American Racing Long Tube Headers (1.75" dia tubing)
American Racing Hi-Flo Catted X-Pipe
Spec Stage 3 Clutch
FRPP 4.56:1 R&P
Eaton TruTac LSD

Supporting Mods
PowerSlot Slotted Brake Rotors (front and rear)
Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads (front and rear)
FRPP M-18000-A Shocks
FRPP M-5300-k Springs
FRPP M-3075-R FR500C Front LCA's
FRPP M-5490-A Sway Bar Kit
BMR Rear Adjustable UCA
BMR Rear Fixed Tubular LCA's
BMR Rear LCA Relocation Brackets
M&H Racemaster Drag Radials (325/45r17)
Steeda Street Rear Deck Wing

Thanks for the kudos!

That's funny...

Wow, thanks for telling me about the acceptable street manners. I was always under the impression that the Stg 3's were very rough idlewise compared to the Stg 2's.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back