New times N/A 2010 Gt

Konablue10Gt

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys My local Dynojet isnt available until next week so unless I want to travel a bit I'll just wait untill then. For comparison sake on the same dynojet dyno that I am going to use, my 08 GT 5-spd bone stock with 750 miles made 260 rwhp.

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
Adam welcome to the S197 forums. Guys I was probably the first naysayer when Adam was posting his times and making predictions, at the forbidden site not to mention. If you get a chance to watch and hear the videos the car does not sound anything like the 05-09's due to the tune and gear package. There is no lag in the throttle response.

De CAR run like a skalded beatch.
Good driving too.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't hold my breath on the 5.0 replacing the 4.6. Being that ford is the last of the big three left and isn't particularly selling too well I would be suprised if ford doesn't go bankrupt in the next two years.

Ford posted a 2.3billion profit for Q2

I think their holding their own

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
yea atleast they still own their own company, unlike gm who is goverment owned.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Hey guys My local Dynojet isnt available until next week so unless I want to travel a bit I'll just wait untill then. For comparison sake on the same dynojet dyno that I am going to use, my 08 GT 5-spd bone stock with 750 miles made 260 rwhp.

Has your 08 been to the track?

ski

forum member
Reaction score
Nice times, Konablue10GT!

As for all of us 05-09 GT owners, we can keep our heads up regarding Konablue's great times in his 2010 GT..........
Gene K, who owns an 07 GT(manual/3.55 gears/stock tires), did a 1.909 60', an 8.345 1/8, and a 12.957 1/4 with only a CAI and a tune. Plus, he weighs almost 300 lb.

Wes

forum member
Reaction score
To the OP, NICE times and superb driving!

Please get tuner to compare parameters to that of older s197's.

Overall the changes to the calibration show an increased efficiency in emissions, changes for the new CAI and more power (3-7* spark up top over previous years). The rev limiter is now 6500 as well.

There is more to be had with proper calibration but the vehicles start out a bit ahead of your 05-09 model.

Wes

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
Back in th winter of 2006 JPC and Mustang Mag did a little bolt on test with the S197 at English Town. Justin, was able to run a 12.5 in the red stang at 108mph. The mod's were minimal...CAI and 93 tune, 1pc ds, Bogarts/ET Streets, BMR radiator delete.

He had 3:55 gears AND Totted the front left wheel. All it takes is the right conditions and setup.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Back in th winter of 2006 JPC and Mustang Mag did a little bolt on test with the S197 at English Town. Justin, was able to run a 12.5 in the red stang at 108mph. The mod's were minimal...CAI and 93 tune, 1pc ds, Bogarts/ET Streets, BMR radiator delete.

He had 3:55 gears AND Totted the front left wheel. All it takes is the right conditions and setup.

He is also one hell of a gear slammer. Mere mortals won't get those times. Plus english town is at sea level and in the winter probably has mineshaft air.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't hold my breath on the 5.0 replacing the 4.6. Being that ford is the last of the big three left and isn't particularly selling too well I would be suprised if ford doesn't go bankrupt in the next two years.

I think they are doing very well. Ford lead vehicle sales in Canada for the first time in decades this year. The domestic minded buyers are moving from GM/Chrylser to Ford.

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
He is also one hell of a gear slammer. Mere mortals won't get those times. Plus english town is at sea level and in the winter probably has mineshaft air.

Thanks for the compliment. I was curious since the last time I was at the track running N/A. It was May of 08 and a rather cool night (75*) with OK dew point (64*) and was running some bracket racing dialing in at 12.5. My best was 12.45 which corrected would put me at about 12.3 et. Since then I've added a couple of goodies...Center force DF clutch for one since my second run last November on the N20 smoked out the OE clutch. Havn't been back since but looking forward to October when it cools down here on the Gulf Coast.

I would love to make a visit up north during the fall with some good tires and wheels. That would be great.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back