O/R Xpipe Power loss????

Bestangyet 07

forum member
Reaction score
With these cars, a reflash of the tune is needed. It will feel sluggish without doing so. These cars computers are way too smart in a sense, but they don't always recognize modifications and upgrades. Therefore, it did notice the cats were gone, but didn't know how to fix it.

As John said,

#1) Install ALL PARTS accounted for in the tune.
#2) Install TUNE that was developed for said parts.
#3) Wear SHIT EATING GRIN from upgrades.

Finish what you started, problem solved........

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I just installed the Airaid and BBR 93 tune. I do not have the BBR o/r x pipe installed yet as they said 2 weeks or so before it will arrive. My car runs like crap. Bucks very bad when cold and poor idle and not much better when warm. I sent an email today but no response so far.

So your BBR 93 tune is for an AirRaid intake AND BBR O/R X-Pipe? And you are surprised that with the Cats still installed and no X-Pipe that your car runs like shit? I'm not surprised in the least. You need to return your tune to stock and remove the intake until you get all the parts together. If the intake has a restrictor insert, then put that in and run your stock tune until the X-Pipe is installed. THEN you can load your new BBR tune. Right now, you are probably running so lean the car can't even idle. And lean = VERY BAD!

fordracing19

Reaction score
So your BBR 93 tune is for an AirRaid intake AND BBR O/R X-Pipe? And you are surprised that with the Cats still installed and no X-Pipe that your car runs like shit? I'm not surprised in the least. You need to return your tune to stock and remove the intake until you get all the parts together. If the intake has a restrictor insert, then put that in and run your stock tune until the X-Pipe is installed. THEN you can load your new BBR tune. Right now, you are probably running so lean the car can't even idle. And lean = VERY BAD!
I have seen several other people that swap the o/r x in with no adjustment to the tune.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have seen several other people that swap the o/r x in with no adjustment to the tune.

The problem with intake modifications is that the MAF doesn't know WTF to do with the extra air. Exhaust modifications are usually easier to account for with the stock programming since no sensors are directly affected, with possible exception of post-cat O2 sensors. But post-cat sensors aren't used for adjusting air/fuel mixtures; they only generate a CEL for emissions purposes.

fordracing19

Reaction score
The problem with intake modifications is that the MAF doesn't know WTF to do with the extra air. Exhaust modifications are usually easier to account for with the stock programming since no sensors are directly affected, with possible exception of post-cat O2 sensors. But post-cat sensors aren't used for adjusting air/fuel mixtures; they only generate a CEL for emissions purposes.
Maybe I didnt post what I had correctly. I have on the car an Airaid intake and a Magnaflow axle back. I tuned the car with an Sct x3 with BBR 93 tune for these mods plus o/r x pipe. I havent received the x pipe yet but installed the tune and Airaid already and it drives as described.

erod550

Reaction score
Yes, the problem is that your tune includes parameter adjustments for a mod you don't have yet: the x-pipe. As previously stated, you should flash the tune back to stock and put in the restrictor in the Airaid intake until you get the x-pipe installed. The car will not run right if you are running a tune that does not match the parts you have installed, which you are currently doing.

fordracing19

Reaction score
I dont have the restrictor out but I am putting the stock tune back in until the x pipe shows up. I dont think thats my problem. I thinks its just bad programing. Airaid says no tune required so I should be ok leaving it on.

erod550

Reaction score
It's definitely your problem. You're trying to run a tune designed for an unrestricted intake and x-pipe when you have the restrictor still in and no x-pipe. The car doesn't know how to behave because the wrong parts are on the car as far as the tune is concerned.

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
I thought with the BBR tune the restrictor stayed in?

If you told them you would need a tune to go along with your CAI, they most likely made the tune to work with the CAI without the restrictor.

I doubt the X-pipe will matter either way, as long as the rear O2s are off. That's what livernois told me, no other adjustments are needed when I do the O/R X-pipe.

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed the Airaid and BBR 93 tune. I do not have the BBR o/r x pipe installed yet as they said 2 weeks or so before it will arrive. My car runs like crap. Bucks very bad when cold and poor idle and not much better when warm. I sent an email today but no response so far.

Is yours an auto? Mine would buck with the BBR tune(no cai or xpipe) when cold at real low speeds(5mphish).

fordracing19

Reaction score
If you told them you would need a tune to go along with your CAI, they most likely made the tune to work with the CAI without the restrictor.

I doubt the X-pipe will matter either way, as long as the rear O2s are off. That's what livernois told me, no other adjustments are needed when I do the O/R X-pipe.
Whether the tune is for with or without the restrictor is what I should find out.

fordracing19

Reaction score
Is yours an auto? Mine would buck with the BBR tune(no cai or xpipe) when cold at real low speeds(5mphish).
Mines the 6 spd std with factory 3.73. I live on a gravel road and drive 1st gear 1k rpms for a block.

5.0GrL

Reaction score
I just added magnaflow axleback and x-pipe, steeda CAI and BBR tune today and I can tell a night and day difference with gain in power.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Tell that to the nuckle heads in this thread. Lol

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

John@ BBR told me that anything after the cats wouldn't require a retune. But when you go to an O/R X-Pipe, you remove the Cats which allow for higher airflow and thus, you need to update your tune to account for the freer flowing exhaust. Makes sense to me.

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
John@ BBR told me that anything after the cats wouldn't require a retune. But when you go to an O/R X-Pipe, you remove the Cats which allow for higher airflow and thus, you need to update your tune to account for the freer flowing exhaust. Makes sense to me.

I was told that the ECM is smart enough to use the MAF and the Wide Band O2s to figure it out on it's own.

:question:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back