Ok its a 6cyl but get aload of this ls1 guys opinion on the v6 stang!

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
yea, they like it. i dont get this obsession with ls1tech over here. the more good stuff ford does, the more good stuff the general does.

do you really think we'd have a new 5.0 without the new camaro showing up? you can thank the ls3 camaro for the 5.0, and im sure the chevy guys will thank the 5.0 for whatever chevy does in response.

06Stang

Saleen Supercharged
Reaction score
Its like a kid seeking approval from his peers. Lots of threads saying "Yay LS1 guys like us now!" or something. Who cares what they think? I'm surrounded by LS1 guys and they're mostly fanboys that love their chevys

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
Its like a kid seeking approval from his peers. Lots of threads saying "Yay LS1 guys like us now!" or something. Who cares what they think? I'm surrounded by LS1 guys and they're mostly fanboys that love their chevys

im very nuetral on this subject, as i love both the f-bodys and mustangs. the same can be said for ford guys, i literally rofl at some of the things ive read on this site. point being we all like different things, and no matter where your loyalties life on the camaro vs mustang debate both sides win. one will always try to best the other.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Ford just needs to be more Pro-active instead of Re-active. We really can thank all the other brands for helping us get the 5.0 back,412 HP,forged internals and a 300 HP V6. I just wish they would do it on their own. On another note I'm not happy with the way they shafted to 2010 buyers.....not cool IMO.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
im not to worried about a new v6 giving me trouble. it may make near the same hp, but our 3v's have some great torque and a wide power band. a smaller engine will have a more peaky powerband by nature. the traps are still off by a good 3-4mph over what the 05-10 GTs trapped at.

k_aimone

forum member
Reaction score
it has been 8 years since ford has put the auto world on its ass. the termi was years ahead of its time. the 89 notch was the same way. ford seems to be ahead of itself when it counts. the boys in blue gave us a choice, probe gt or a 5.0 lite notch, get a mustang or an import because gm stopped selling 2dr V8s, now you can get 10yr old technology or get 412hp and 26MPG. they seem to do it when the chips are down. that is why i will stick with ford until they get a buyout or quit making the mustang. bleed blue brothers, it has not let me down yet.

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love this quote from that site

I can't wait to see what chevy brings to the fight

I can answer that. Bankruptcy

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ford just needs to be more Pro-active instead of Re-active.
I disagree, I like that Ford waited to see what the LS3 would bring to the game before putting out this engine. That way, Ford isn't first to market but has the superior product.

rmays

forum member
Reaction score
I love this quote from that site

I can answer that. Bankruptcy

LOL true, lets hope they come out ok, it can only help drive the new muscle car era that we are supposed to be in.

Yes its a V6 but I think overall they have made some good choices with the new engines in the 2011. The V6 drives sales allowing those of us to chose to go with the V8 to buy at an affordable price.

Back