One More #8 Kids!

WTFchuck

forum member
Reaction score
hey i know of my aunts uncles best friends dads sisters uncles aunts moms who husband works for ford who knows of these stock motors blowin... enough with the BS already. don't bring more bullshit into a thread unless u can prove it

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I'm lost...

The+Truth+is+Out+There.bmp

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
I decided to not read the 12 pages and skip to the end and again state I do not feel the tunes are causing the problems. There is an issue with #8 cylinder pressure and some seem to go and some do not.....hell I know of a handful of these 100% stock with #8 issues.

Ford put a forged rotating assembly into the Boss for good reason

Yeah, a car built for extended periods of high rpm use (road racing) and a 500 rpm higher redline.

They also eliminated the piston squirters, CNCd the heads, etc, etc.

I know a local builder has a few in his hands and the guys at Bama have spoken to some local dealers with stock setups with the issue

So I'm Joe Average with a 2011 5.0, it starts having issues, and rather than take it to the dealership to have it fixed FOR FREE under WARRANTY I take it down to Meister's buddy the engine builder so I can spend my own hard-earned money?!?

How would a local builder have these motors? If a motor is warrantied by a Ford dealer thay have to keep that motor or send it back to Ford. If these motors you speak of were covered by warranty there is no way a local builder could have them.

:thumb:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I decided to not read the 12 pages and skip to the end and again state I do not feel the tunes are causing the problems. There is an issue with #8 cylinder pressure and some seem to go and some do not.....hell I know of a handful of these 100% stock with #8 issues.

AHHHH man , Really ? :asshat:

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
come on guys.. give him time to reply.. its too soon to call his bluff .. you never know..

3V for the win... woooooo

wbt

forum member
Reaction score

BS. I don't buy this for a minute. For starters it doesn't make a damn bit of sense. I guess #8 has it's own piston/combustion chamber/cam timing design/control vs. all the other cylinders? WTF.....

Through the datalogging we have done on my car I can tell you that #8 behaves no differently than 1-7. In fact, I have seen where #2 and #7 command the most fuel. (Yes timing and fuel can be adjusted per cylinder vs. globally.)

I have seen knock when it occurs and #8 saw no more then any of the other cylinders. That really blows a lot of these #8 theories out of the water.

I absolutely despise this garbage being spread. :rant:

unas2k5

forum member
Reaction score
BS. I don't buy this for a minute. For starters it doesn't make a damn bit of sense. I guess #8 has it's own piston/combustion chamber/cam timing design/control vs. all the other cylinders? WTF.....

Through the datalogging we have done on my car I can tell you that #8 behaves no differently than 1-7. In fact, I have seen where #2 and #7 command the most fuel. (Yes timing and fuel can be adjusted per cylinder vs. globally.)

I have seen knock when it occurs and #8 saw no more then any of the other cylinders. That really blows a lot of these #8 theories out of the water.

:beer:

Meister

forum member
Reaction score

Individual cylinder control is used for this vehicle for both and ignition timing, which you stated below later in your post. Not sure how some tuners approach this as I do not see their tunes.

I am not necessarily stating that #8 has more knock than other cylinders; however we are being told that there is additional stress on this cylinder.

Last edited:

Meister

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, a car built for extended periods of high rpm use (road racing) and a 500 rpm higher redline.

They also eliminated the piston squirters, CNCd the heads, etc, etc.

So I'm Joe Average with a 2011 5.0, it starts having issues, and rather than take it to the dealership to have it fixed FOR FREE under WARRANTY I take it down to Meister's buddy the engine builder so I can spend my own hard-earned money?!?

:thumb:
This is not what I am stating. A lot of people will have a void warranty because of aftermarket calibrations.

Yes, there are other changes to the boss engine but you make good mention of "road racing" and higher red line with extended periods of use.

The most common tuning request we get is "bump up my redline because I drag race and road race the car"

The boss was built as a purpose built "race car" but I can bet there are those out there who will buy it and never take it to the track.

Thereaper

forum member
Reaction score
This is not what I am stating. A lot of people will have a void warranty because of aftermarket calibrations.

Yes, there are other changes to the boss engine but you make good mention of "road racing" and higher red line with extended periods of use.

The most common tuning request we get is "bump up my redline because I drag race and road race the car"

The boss was built as a purpose built "race car" but I can bet there are those out there who will buy it and never take it to the track.

What about the stock #8's you mentioned earlier that blew up? Can you post some info about those?

Reaction score

That's not what we jumped your shit about. You stated there were stock cars with a #8 issue. :thumb:

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
That's not what we jumped your shit about. You stated there were stock cars with a #8 issue. :thumb:

He won't reply to this one because he can't back up his earlier statement. I wish there really were some stock #8 failures but to this date we really don't know of any.

Reaction score
He won't reply to this one because he can't back up his earlier statement. I wish there really were some stock #8 failures but to this date we really don't know of any.

19cobra93 and pacettr(i think) confirmed this claim. And you're right, avoidance is the best tactic to keep from having to back up false information.

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
Is bama really covering blown #8s if tuned by them? If so it's a bold statement about their tunes

linnE

forum member
Reaction score
I still dont think there is enough info to make a conclusion. Speculation is rampant and Ford will continue to be secretive and suggestive that it is aftermarket tuning causing it. They want to cause doubt about aftermarket tuning and divert attention from the issue being a design flaw or anything that would lead to a recall.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I still dont think there is enough info to make a conclusion. Speculation is rampant and Ford will continue to be secretive and suggestive that it is aftermarket tuning causing it. They want to cause doubt about aftermarket tuning and divert attention from the issue being a design flaw or anything that would lead to a recall.

^
Church

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score

I am totally with you on this.

What most likely happened is that when this 5.0 first came out those that were jumping into the tuning with both feet to try and be "first" with some huge dyno numbers most likely found out that adding 5-7* of global timing did the trick and gave immediate results, hence the 430 with just a tune and CAI a year ago. Now that same car is running around with that global timing rattling the cylinders during normal cruise and part throttle and doing some damage for sure.

Now instead of going into the individual spark tables and doing what must be done they shot themselves in the foot and are now having to play coverup and/or offer warranties but as you can see there are no more 430hp tune and CAI combos coming out anyones door because they finally figured out what they did wrong and are now inline with those that did it right to start with.

Safe, reliable and powerful can be had if you choose the right person to do your tuning and talk in great depth with that person about what your goals are for your particular vehicle.

JJ

KonaGT

forum member
Reaction score
I am totally with you on this.

What most likely happened is that when this 5.0 first came out those that were jumping into the tuning with both feet to try and be "first" with some huge dyno numbers most likely found out that adding 5-7* of global timing did the trick and gave immediate results, hence the 430 with just a tune and CAI a year ago. Now that same car is running around with that global timing rattling the cylinders during normal cruise and part throttle and doing some damage for sure.

Now instead of going into the individual spark tables and doing what must be done they shot themselves in the foot and are now having to play coverup and/or offer warranties but as you can see there are no more 430hp tune and CAI combos coming out anyones door because they finally figured out what they did wrong and are now inline with those that did it right to start with.

Safe, reliable and powerful can be had if you choose the right person to do your tuning and talk in great depth with that person about what your goals are for your particular vehicle.

JJ

But most guys don't even know the right questions to ask to make sure the tuner is giving them what they need. Hell if a lot of the tuners don't even know what they are doing how is the end user supposed to know what they need. Unfortunately you have to put a lot of blind faith in these tuners and hope you are not the next testbed.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back