Painting Radiator Cover

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
Is it regular automotive base coat or water bourne ?That is used ?

Last edited:

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Is it regular automotive base coat or water bourne ?That is used ?
You can hydro dip both, but typical automotive paints typically have a small window of time that they can be hydro dipped, usually a few hours.
However water borne paints have an unlimited dip window. I know a few guys who have dipped parts that have been painted with water borne paints that have been painted for several months before dipping.
S&H, shit for those prices I will just pay you to dip customers parts for me, I was looking into hydro dipping but for those prices I will just pass the work onto you lmao. I cant believe you guys do it so cheap. The radiator covers must be ABS plastic eh?

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
Picked up my cover today! They came NO WHERE close to matching S&H's price.....but when I told them how they were charging......they tossed in quite a few incentives to keep me from walking out the door. Anyways here is how mine turned out:

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
Lol, thats the number 1 problem with el paso......sand storms make it impossible to keep the ride clean. They powder coated a CAI tube that im selling and will do my procharger tubes at no additional cost. All in all total was 150

D'prived

Friends in crawl spaces
Reaction score
Update... had a couple more pieces done...

Bought the battery and master cylinder brake covers and had them hydro dipped in the skull pattern. Pulled my CDC Shaker off to get it done this coming week. Having the bottom part done... not the scoop itself.

6950420967_89a2e9fa7a_b.jpg

6804314098_08c83ccbba_b.jpg

6804312992_a7a31efddc_b.jpg

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
^take off the stickers on your strut towers...Throws off the focus

Also, thought about a alum rad. tank? Everything is black/silver in your bay, and then you have the off yellow colored tank and its an eyesore IMO. Don't know if you go to shows or not, but I would address that. Would look 9820723874589237x better

D'prived

Friends in crawl spaces
Reaction score
Picked up my cover today! They came NO WHERE close to matching S&H's price.....but when I told them how they were charging......they tossed in quite a few incentives to keep me from walking out the door. Anyways here is how mine turned out:

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

Like it! Looks good!

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
The focus? From what? This wasn't meant to be a critique of my engine bay but just what I have had recently done with the hydro printing. Sorry for the confusion.

I was saying with the new hydro parts, it doesnt flow as good anymore...Looks good and wasnt trying to bash you. sorry for the confusion

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Here are my covers done by DougieB.....Some of his fantastic skillz .....This guy has mad skills and can do whatever you want him to do.....
New999.jpg

DSCN1131.jpg

DSCN1130.jpg

DSCN1129.jpg

Professor

forum member
Reaction score
Never heard of hydro dipping. What's the difference between hydro dipping and powder coating? Can you powder coat the plastic used on the radiator covers and battery/brake covers?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Never heard of hydro dipping. What's the difference between hydro dipping and powder coating? Can you powder coat the plastic used on the radiator covers and battery/brake covers?

Powdercoating is heated in an oven.. Plastic doesn't do that well with those kind of temps. Powdercoating is sprayed on, baked. Hydro imaging is primed, than dipped in a tank of water with a film ontop of the water that is activated and the part is dipped into. Look on You Tube...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back