Photoshoot for Vossen

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome car. You should definitely market those signals...

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
How much?? Damn those are sick!
drevil.jpg

I'll take a pair if you decide to make some.

And do i really have to say it?! ..... GROUP BUY

Starfire

forum member
Reaction score
Oh man, took a lot of work to make these. I would have to layout a PCB and have some made because doing all that by hand takes hours and hours. I spent at least a couple weeks on these with soldering, programming, physical building, heck just finding parts and learning how to interface them. I only recently got them working 100% had a couple bugs.

Also had to mount a control box with the board and step-down converter (everything runs on 5VDC) The nice thing is the sockets for the original lamps are removable and you can buy just the socket from ford so I took the socket and turned it into a plug so I could plug into the existing harness so no need to splice anything in and hack up the cars wiring harness.

They have been pretty robust I have about 5k miles with them in all summer long, the leds are just glued directly to the lens using a high strength hot glue, so far it's worked perfectly.

dougie b

Reaction score
Oh man, took a lot of work to make these. I would have to layout a PCB and have some made because doing all that by hand takes hours and hours. I spent at least a couple weeks on these with soldering, programming, physical building, heck just finding parts and learning how to interface them. I only recently got them working 100% had a couple bugs.

Also had to mount a control box with the board and step-down converter (everything runs on 5VDC) The nice thing is the sockets for the original lamps are removable and you can buy just the socket from ford so I took the socket and turned it into a plug so I could plug into the existing harness so no need to splice anything in and hack up the cars wiring harness.

They have been pretty robust I have about 5k miles with them in all summer long, the leds are just glued directly to the lens using a high strength hot glue, so far it's worked perfectly.

Massive props for telling us how it's done, considering the amount of interest you got for em, its probably WELL WORTH seriously sitting down to design and program the product for mass production or just selling the product and its rights to a company (american muscle would do quite well with these...)

....point being: you really have something here! Don't let someone else take your idea! :beer:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score

How about writing up a DIY thread on how to do this?

Sent from my iPad2.

Starfire

forum member
Reaction score
If you guys just wanted the turn signal stuff and not all the show stuff that would make things easier too.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back