Picked up a new 08 Shelby

SonicGT

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
So I picked up a 08 Shelby and just put it on the dyno. The first pull bone stock made 425/427. Greg said it was a little low for stock, so he put a tune in it. After two pulls, bone stock with a custom RET tune it made 501/495 :banana:

CrashShelby.jpg

I love this car and should have went 4V sooner :clap:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow that's an impressive pick up in power. near 18% from just a tune!

enjoy!

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Lucky muther! I really wish I would not have bought my GT and waited for a GT500. I'll have more into my car when it's done than if I had just bought the GT500.:thud:

SonicGT

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
Here is a pic when I picked it up
IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

At home next to my old car:thumb:
IMAG0140.jpg

jerrytubbs1

forum member
Reaction score
How can I put this lightly?
I believe those #'s are off somewhat. Look at the air/fuel and they run about the same. Jon Lund is the best tuner on these cars and they dont get that kind of power from tune alone. It just does not happen.
I think maybe the car was hot on the first pull as those # are just a tad bit low.
I know it says uncorrected, but maybe your stock #'s are corrected and your tuned #'s are not.

SonicGT

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
How can I put this lightly?
I believe those #'s are off somewhat. Look at the air/fuel and they run about the same. Jon Lund is the best tuner on these cars and they dont get that kind of power from tune alone. It just does not happen.
I think maybe the car was hot on the first pull as those # are just a tad bit low.
I know it says uncorrected, but maybe your stock #'s are corrected and your tuned #'s are not.

Here is my graph printed in SAE. You cant load one graph up as SAE and another in Uncorrected, its one or the other. My car sat for about half a hour before it went on the dyno. Then I jumped the relay wire for the intercooler while it was being strapped down. One thing I should add is my tuner has been tuning a Shelby literally everyday this week. He also put one in his V6 S197 with a auto in it almost 2 years ago.
SonicSAE.jpg

Last edited:

jerrytubbs1

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not saying anything towards you or anyone, but the dyno graph and pc's in general can be made to show anything you want.From the BEST tuners on these cars, you only get 60-80 with an intake and tune.There has been a couple with 90 hp gains,but running a little to lean.

That being said, I can see a 50 hp jump in a tune,that has been done before.You have to lean it out to gain more power and what I'm saying is your a/f after tune is not leaned out.It runs in line with the stock tune.Ask anyone and they will tell you, when you see more power you usually see a leaner a/f ratio.

Second-Your corrected #'s are way low as well as you uncorrected(on the stock runs).I just now noticed it was dyno jet.Dyno jets in general show a higher # compared to mustang and other dynos.

Average loss on the gt500's are about 15% from motor to tires.So your #'s do seem low.

John Lund has been dealing with these cars for over 4 years now.
To raise power basically you have to raise the lean side of the a/f I dont see that in your sheet.So I still say something is wrong there.I think alot of gt500 owners and Evolution(Fred or Nelson),Mr. Lund,Jay Tucker,Justin and a few others that have worked with these cars for 4 years or longer, will tell you it just doesn't seem right.

I'm not trying to take away from your car at all.I had 2 and still have my 07.They are really nice cars and yours looks great.
Did your tuner save your stock tune? How will you ever load it back in the car if he didnt? I am trying to look out for a fellow gt500 owner, not rain on your parade.I hope you can see that.

Last edited:

SonicGT

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
I really dont know what to say, I was there and saw everything. First pull was the stock pull, second was tuned and needed more fuel, and third pull is what you see. I think RET tuned one of the first Shelby's, but I might be wrong about that. Here is a video from Aug. 06 of the first one he ever did.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Shelby-GT500-dyno-run-and_67502.htm

Either way the car feels like a blast now :clap:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back