Plasti dipped my 5.0 Tell me what you think

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
OP, cars looks great. looks like you did an awesome job. :thumb2: Love the color, too.

I was at Mustang Week, and was able to see some really good dip jobs, and some not so good ones as well. I am curious as to how well the dip holds up on a daily driven car.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
The OP is a good friend of mine, and lives just a few blocks from me. It looks even better in person IMO.

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Looks great! I think I saw your car on Instagram a few days ago. What part of Utah? I used to live down there.

DILYSI Dave

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great! I've been thinking of the idea of doing blue, you're making my decisions clearer lol

I want to dip my car again...just don't know what color to do. I had it a little over a year and only took it off because I messed it at the Bonneville Salt Flats.
gallery_4_16_194959.jpg

gallery_4_16_83875.jpg

What color is this?

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I almost traded my car this week because I hate maintaining the black, and we originally wanted grabber blue anyway. Got a quote for a full wrap last week, still considering that, but this is so f'ing tempting.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
That looks great! Awesome Job! I was thinking about dipping some matte black strips on my car

Stripes are actually very hard to do correctly. This has to do with the dip and the tape that you mark it off with. It can be done, but it is difficult from what I have seen. If the dip bonds to anything, it will peel when you peel the tape, paper, whatever. Exacto knives and the likes simply do not work for this application either. This is tried and tested by myself. The dip is not meant to be cut.

It is ideal for full cars, separate pieces such as grilles, wheels etc. Doing intricate custom work, stripes or designs is going to be a pain in the ass.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Not to derail this thread, but I found this video to be very helpful.

syclone50

forum member
Reaction score
I almost traded my car this week because I hate maintaining the black, and we originally wanted grabber blue anyway. Got a quote for a full wrap last week, still considering that, but this is so f'ing tempting.

You should be able to find a place that dips cars professionally. They should be charging 500-700 to do a car, which is MUCH less than a wrap.

The videos on youtube were very helpful!

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
I just bought a wheel kit to do up the ole' forgestars in the copper metalizer. It will be my test to see how this plasti-dip voo doo pans out.

syclone50

forum member
Reaction score
I just bought a wheel kit to do up the ole' forgestars in the copper metalizer. It will be my test to see how this plasti-dip voo doo pans out.

It will turn out as long as you clean your wheels COMPLETELY.

Youtube dipyourcar and watch their video on wheels and how to get out texture or peeling. The vids help a ton

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score

This^^

Im so sick of cleaning the black. I want to Dip mine white.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back