plug threads etc has made me do some thinking...

2012GT

forum member
Reaction score
Someone needs to do some dyno testing with wires and plugs among other simple things....... When i had my 2001 SS, I changed the stock plugs when it was new to NGK Tr6's and Taylor vertex 10.4 mm wires. It was worth 6- 7 more to the rear wheels depending on the run. Amsoil was worth 4-5 rwhp over the stock oil but i didn't use it. There are big gains to made by simple things. We just need to test the Coyote with some simple stuff like this and find out what makes power and what doesn't as little as it may be. it all adds up. I donate my car to Steeda for anything they want to try bolt on wise (ATTN GUS!!!)

Attachments

• steedacai.jpg
    steedacai.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 32
  • saleennn.jpg
    saleennn.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
our cars have coil packs, no wires to change/upgrade.
and oem coil packs have been proven to run the best!, testing spark plugs might be worth something though.

BV600

forum member
Reaction score
I used to put NGK TR55s in all my LSx Cars, execpt for my nitrous or blown cars and those got NGK TR6s

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Someone needs to do some dyno testing with wires and plugs among other simple things....... When i had my 2001 SS, I changed the stock plugs when it was new to NGK Tr6's and Taylor vertex 10.4 mm wires. It was worth 6- 7 more to the rear wheels depending on the run. Amsoil was worth 4-5 rwhp over the stock oil but i didn't use it. There are big gains to made by simple things. We just need to test the Coyote with some simple stuff like this and find out what makes power and what doesn't as little as it may be. it all adds up. I donate my car to Steeda for anything they want to try bolt on wise (ATTN GUS!!!)

are you serious ....this site is turning into the mustang forums !

KJGT

forum member
Reaction score
I would like to see a cheaper copper plug as well.

Generally unless you have a problem changing plugs or wires wont gain a thing, I have pulled cars on and off chassis dynos and gained and lost 10hp without changing anything.

But I did spend about 12 hours on an engine dyno with a 550hp SBC mule and 6 different brands of plugs about 15 years ago. Cant say who paid for it since I signed a non-disclosure but after the tests the plug manufacture removed its claims of 'increased engine power' from its advertising.

bigjohns97

Reaction score
His 01 SS had coil packs as well but there are wires going to the plugs from the packs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back