possibly lost/seized the motor today

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Too bad your so far away, id help pull the motor out. It would be easy too, i have a crane on my work truck.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Ron, if you need a machine shop let me know. I can pressure test the block/heads for cracks, bore/hone, deck the block/heads, oring the block and also machine the rear thrust to allow a full thrust bearing and machine the thrust bearing for better oiling. It would require to drill the bulkhead of the block to allow oil pressure at the back face of the crank. The block will have to be machined to accept a full thrust bearing. You will need to get 2 sets of main bearings though, unless you can get them to sell two lower thrust bearings, and we might have the other mains in stock.

Bring the block down assembled and I can check the end play for you and bearing clearances if you dont feel comfortable.

Real class act...btw where do u work.

RedDragon777

forum member
Reaction score
Wow dude just read through this, this is the reason i am not wanting to do any kind of FI or shortblock but i guess if you dont try you will never see the reward at the end. Good luck with this, i know if all of us lived closer to you we would all be there to help you with this.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nothing new to post yet, jsut keeping thread alive. still trying to find time and help to pull motor. seems time and help never meet at equal moments, haha

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no it was not, i had run it previously in march, but with a very rich tune

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
its covered in a lot of dust?

nothing new. i have no help to pull the motor, nor am i even sure the best way to do it, so it sits

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
its covered in a lot of dust?

nothing new. i have no help to pull the motor, nor am i even sure the best way to do it, so it sits

Hey Ron,

I've pulled both of my motors with no help. It's not too difficult just a little tedious. I started by pulling the heads with the motor in the car. After that it's just unbolting and unplugging.

You can even leave the radiator in and hood on the car. I imagine you are going nuts just looking at it. As long as you can open the hood all the way in the garage there is enough ceiling height to pull the motor.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ive pulled the motor before Bruce, but i detatched it from the transmission first. I cant do that in this case since i cant spin the motor to decouple the flexplate and the converter

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back