Project Break a Boss

Jason09GT

forum member
Reaction score
I've read this thread off and on, missed the basic mod list though.

What all did you do to get almost 600rw n/a?

That isimpreasive as hell, highest hp n/a 5.0??

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
326ci Coyote engine, RGR Stage 2 Heads, Custom camshafts and a cobra jet intake.

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
All I can say is wowzer!!! I had not been following this thread, but said what the hell and went thru it from start to finish this morning. I bet all of the frustration and feelings of defeat are all but forgotten; 600 N/A is almost unthinkable. Best of luck Sean, you have one bad ass motor.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
OK now this is just getting stupid. Holy shit balls.

Is there another N/A coyote out there making this kind of power? WTF. Now you are just 9 hp shy of what my 3V made with a 2.3 whipple at 16psi! Damn. Depending on the weight of the car, etc, this should be easy mid 10s if not quicker.

There is a motor that Livernois put together that made a smidge north of 600 on MS109 IIRC and I know RGR had another motor that put out a good bit north of 600. Of the people that I know who are doing this though, I have the highest for now by 22HP and 13ft-lb. Darren Govoni is redoing his motor after having some issues with the old one and is going 13:1 or 14:1 and MS109 so I think he will probably be able to make up the 22HP he is down by now. I still think I will make a bit more than Brian Patterson's 304ci 14:1 motor though. Still, not too bad for a stock 11:1 motor though. I'm sure they could have made more power, but they were getting low on FTW so they left at that and I am more than happy haha.

I would like to get this on a scale and figure out what it weighs, although I am a fat ass at 240lbs. so I'm guessing the race weight is probably in the 3700-3850lb. range which I would imagine would put me in the 130-137 trap speed range. If I had someone like you driving the car mid 10's would be possible. Me maybe mid 11's if I was lucky haha.

Imorssive as hell!

Congrats and enjoy

That's some pricey fuel, looks like $13 a gallon?

Thanks Dave! You can say that again, about 5 and change for a full tank of gas which means the FTW only gets broken out for those extra special race days haha.

That's some awesome numbers Sean .... what was the max on good ole 93 octane?

Thanks Gabe! I never really asked in all honesty, I know on the first pull with the 93 tune they were at 510@6000 RPM which put me on pace with Darren Govoni's numbers so I am going to guess on the first 93 pull it made somewhere around 520-550 range. I will have to ask though, I completely forgot about it when I went to go pick the car up since this is mostly my put put around town tune haha.

What camshafts? Lockouts?

RGR custom grind cams with the RGR lockouts.

Sean, i will be joining you soon. Thank you for the help a long the way. JPC is getting me taken care of!

Hahaha fantastic! I spoke with Eric on Friday and mentioned that where going to get in touch with him about the cams. Both he and Aaron said the questions they had been receiving about the motor was non-stop all day Friday.

Congrats, Sean!

Thanks Dylan! I'm happy to have it up and running again lol.

That kicks some serious azz, wow, congrats! Nearly 600 whp N/A that's really impressive from such a small cid engine

So close I could spit on 600 haha. Everyone just tells me to round the number up. I have to admit, I never really believed them when they said 600 should be possible, but I was wrong this is pretty damn fucking close!

I've read this thread off and on, missed the basic mod list though.

What all did you do to get almost 600rw n/a?

That is impreasive as hell, highest hp n/a 5.0??

A lot of stupidity and wasted money haha

The combo is a RGR 3.700 Bore shortblock, RGR Stage 2 heads, RGR custom Grind Cams, Full Cobra Jet, Long Tubes, and some of that JPC Pixie Dust.

All I can say is wowzer!!! I had not been following this thread, but said what the hell and went thru it from start to finish this morning. I bet all of the frustration and feelings of defeat are all but forgotten; 600 N/A is almost unthinkable. Best of luck Sean, you have one bad ass motor.

You can say that again! All of those feelings are gone and nothing but joy right now! I'm just happy to drive the car again and it is an animal!

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
God damn! Glad it's sorted out. Can't wait for your driving impressions.

I ended up driving it from the hotel to American Muscle which is about 20 minutes each way. I haven't really romped on it just yet as I was trying to save as much of the FTW that they left in the tank as possible and just wanted one day without the god damn car not working which didn't happen by the way haha. I ended up killing the battery and had to get a new one.

So far the drivability has been amazing with very little bucking or throttle surge, only when I was creeping along and it only happened once to me. The clutch took me a while to get used to since the engagement point was all the way at the end of the clutch travel. The engine braking is superb IMO, 8% downgrade, I downshifted from 4th to 3rd and never touched the gas and it kept it at a steady 40MPH down hill 1/4 mile. When coming up to a red light I would let off the throttle and the engine would do a pretty good job at bleeding off the speed a little bit better then a Red Key equipped Boss 302 did IMO. The car is pretty freaking loud without the cats and sounds amazing, at idle it is just orgasmic.

Power delivery is pretty damn excellent. I thought with the way the power curve is situated that it would be somewhat sluggish down low, but it is not. From the bottom of the RPM range it just wants to get up and go and revvs up pretty fucking quickly or at least faster than I ever remember the Boss ever revving. I imagine that when I can get the car registered, change the oil and romp on it on the road I will have to be careful with how high I can go. I can only imagine what the car sounds like in the 8000RPM range because at 4500 or so it sounded down right vicious. Hopefully I will be able to get some WOT videos and idle videos soon since so many people have been requesting to hear what this sounds like.

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
All I can say is, that was awesome Sean!! I think the whole Hotel heard the start up Friday night. Lol. Guys, the sound is amazing, especially with the side pipes. No matter where you are, you hear this beast!!!
Driving down the road, whether in front of behind, the car is simply vicious!!!
Good luck Sean, I love it!!!

travelers

Reaction score
Sean I looked for your car in he VIP parking like you said you had and didn't see any Laguna Seca except the silver one. I didn't walk the complete grass area but I may have just missed you. Sounds like you had a great time. We did see the really bad accident of 2 Mustangs at the left turn off RT10

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score

Dem Quads doe!! Gonna look good with your Leguna Seca STICKERZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!
:whistle1:
:homoswitch:
:gayflag:

Congrats on getting it running!! Lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back