Project Kama Kaase Phase 2 NITROUS and Weight Reduction

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So as most know, I pulled a 2.3 Whippled 4.6L from the car almost 2 years ago and built a 572 CID big block ford to replace it. I also replaced the 4R70W with a ATI power glide transmission and replaced the 8.8 with a ford 9 inch. A 8.50 cert cage was added to the car, and the car went through quite a transformation. So far the best pass on motor only has been a 9.417 @ 142.96 mph. If interested, you can see details of the build and all of the parts I used either at www.psfracer.com or you can go here:

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27798&highlight=kama+kaase

Car08192011c.jpg

Car08192011F.jpg

Irwindale7282011Photoweb.jpg

SCSNLVMS2011web.jpg

Here are a couple videos of the car in action:

The plan was to always put nitrous on the car when I felt I was ready. The car was ready from day 1, but I as the driver definitely needed some seat time before I would be comfortable adding the bottle. Well now that I have about 30 passes under my belt with the car, and feel comfortable with the car now, I think its time to go to phase 2---adding a direct port fogger nitrous system from Nitrous Outlet. The engine itself has a nitrous cam in it and a tighter converter, but it also has 16:1 compression, making the tuning for nitrous very important, and the reason why I can not consider a plate system for the engine. The system must be a fogger for each cylinder to make sure each cylinder is getting the same amount of nitrous/fuel.

The plan will be to start off with a 100 shot and go up from there, to "sneak up" on the right tune, vs going for broke and torching pistons. Once the combo is figured out I plan on spraying a 150 shot - 200 shot in competition.

Here are some components that I am looking at currently:

Direct port system with the rail---I think it looks pretty clean. A dual 10lb billet bottle bracket to be placed where the passenger seat used to be. I like this bracket as the bottle heaters are incorporated with it. I will also need a progressive controller, and I am looking at a stand alone fuel system for the nitrous system, which Nitrous Outlet makes a kit that installs where the factory battery used to reside.

Anyway a lot of research to do and this thread will detail what parts I go with, its installation, and most importantly, wheels up videos as the car 60's hard, as I plan to squeeze right out of the hole. Haha.

8fc36a563d3ebe459b5570d538c04a1b_m.jpg

6ec17b7702ad6fac454b478f7b108b43_m.jpg

thumbnail250x200.jpg

Last edited:

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
Nice. I'm not a big fan of the rails. More for looks than anything. Second one looks much better to me.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am looking to mount the bottles this way if possible. My bar is only for 8.50, so I only have one diagonal bar coming down from the cross bar.

carpet.jpg

Rollcagenitrous.jpg

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know, about time huh?

This set up is probably what I will end up with, because of the cage. There really is no straight bar I have to mount it to like Derek's.

2011-08-21115948-1.jpg

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
Damn! Nice!!! Can't wait to see this baby run!

You going to have it done in time for next years PSCA events?

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Are you trying to keep the bottles right next to you for easy access? If not, why not stagger them behind the cage where the back seat used to be? Put the valves towards the center of the car and they would be right behind your right elbow... just a thought.

I am looking to mount the bottles this way if possible. My bar is only for 8.50, so I only have one diagonal bar coming down from the cross bar.

carpet.jpg

Rollcagenitrous.jpg

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn! Nice!!! Can't wait to see this baby run!

You going to have it done in time for next years PSCA events?

Oh, easily. Once I get all of the stuff, maybe what, a week to put in? then some test passes at Irwindale.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
I gotta say, you are living the dream a lot of us have had since we were kids - going all out on a car.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I didn't know you had a fox body interior in your car! lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back